Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juicer and FP combos

Tell me what you use, please. I'm trying to minimize counter space. I am looking for the most beneficial machine(raw, most productive with juices, and a great processor). I know they get expensive but I am looking for something that will last and makes the most of the food. I hate being wasteful. Also, any info on dehydrators too, please.

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

get a vitamix. you can use it like a food processor. you can also make juices with it. Just blend and strain through a nut mylk bag. And actually if youre really strapped for cash, skip the nut mylk bag and buy paint stainer bags and layer two of them together (they're like a buck a piece). There's a video on juicefeasting.com that shows how to make juice in a blender.

for the dehydrator get yourself an excalibur. but do the vitamix first- i use mine everyday. the dehydrator maybe once a week.

• I have a Hamilton Beach juicer... pretty cost affective... I mean compared to a Vita-Mix which normal people like myself can't afford....

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/juice-extractors-big-mouth-pro-juice-extractor.html

:)

I just got a dehydrator for x-mas so I don't know too much about it yet but I got one of those Necso kinds :) I'll let you know how it works when I give it a whirl

• i use a vitamix and an excalibur dehydrator

love both

i am a vitamix affiliate. you're welcome to use my code to receive free shipping: 06-004658 (that'll save you 25.00) on any new vitamix blender :) and i get a small commission and you get a great blender and get to save a bunch of $ making your own raw foods.

i have owned one for over 16 years and wouldn't be without it.

despite the price they last a lifetime and have the ability to do just about anything you like (juice, nut butter, milks, ice cream , sorbet, pate, grind flour, and the list goes on)

i also have (if you're interested) a vitamix 4000 for sale. it's in very good condition, no leaks and just needs a new rubber seal for the action dome which either i can get or you can. if interested just email me from one of my websites and put that you're writing from 'gone raw' in the subject so i know it's not spam.

highly recommending the vitamix and the excalibur

i have the 9 tray model

some people say it's loud but it doesn't really bother me because to make raw bread and kale chips and dry fruit or veggies it's perfect , simple and easy to use.

happy holidays

rona

• How much is the Vita Mix 4000?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I agree w/ wichten. VitaMix can be used as a food processor b/c you have more control of speed... plus, you can use the tamper so the food processes more evenly. Although, I find it more challenging than using the actual FP. But, the VM could very well be better than the BlendTec b/c you may have less "precision control" and you will have no tamper... although people say they use the BT for food processing.

And yes, you can kinda use the VM has a juicer by using a cheesecloth.. although, the VM does a pretty good job of blending, I don't expect you'll get much fiber... but something is better than nothing.

I have Exalibur, but Cabellas is supposed to be good too... you want the fan on the side to distribute air more evenly and so you don't have to swap trays around for more even dehydration. And forget those teflex sheets (IMO), they don't let the food 'breath' and dehydrate faster. Besides, they have teflon - no?

• I have a Breville juicer that I got from amazon 2 yrs ago

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I love my breville juicer!