Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Are green smoothies supposed to fill you up?

I've been making and drinking green smoothies for a while now and I fill the vitamix to the brim with 2-3 different types of greens some celery banana and sometimes an apple or sometimes an orange. Either way I just toss stuff in there and I get about a full mason jar and after I drink that I am usually very full. Is that normal to be that full of basically a liquefied salad?

Comments

• For me, it certainly is.

• yes! and no need for nuts fruits and greens will fill you up

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

For sure, that is what a green smoothie is all about! Your body craves these nutrients and when you consistently give what your body really needs, you get filled up on less and feel more sastisfied.

• Sometimes they're so tasty I chug them down too quickly and my stomach feels like its gonna burst from being so full. All the fiber in them swells up in your tummy I think. It goes down pretty quickly once the water digests out though. But be careful about drinking them too fast or you'll look preggers for a little while... :)

• Stella: I drink mine at work, and I usually end up walking around for a little while with a "green smoothie baby tummy". hahaha. ^_^

• Oh, yes. I am always quite full when I am done with mine. Although they don't usually keep me full for too long.....

• I agree, it does fill me up but not for long.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Mine do right away, but maybe an hour or so later ill have to eat a piece or two of fruit.

http://lilearthmuffin.wordpress.com/

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

It fills me up for at least 2-3 hours.

• LuaLua

this is because you are combining fruit with veggies.

a pure green smoothie (veggies only) will not fill you up, and it is digested quickly

there's nothing wrong with combining fruit with it, but you should check which fruit particularly. melons & apples, for example, should be eaten alone, separately.

• My green smoothies are around 4-6 cups (depending on the amount of spinach I have in it). They always fill me up. I drink around 2 a day! I know what yall mean about looking pregnant. At night I look like I am 3 months preg then in the morning my tummy is as flat as can be! I love it (low fat raw vegan)... I talk a lot about this on my blog and have a bunch of great green smoothie recipes with before and after pics of my smoothies! Check it out :)

www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com