Natural Alternatives for Sinus Infection

Well, I didn't catch a cold this winter but I did get a sinus infection...how annoying and miserable! I was taking all the herbs and supplements for colds but I wasn't getting better. Well what worked?

Goldenseal 1 capsule a day and Bee Pollen 2 capsules a day...I also put them in my smoothie. Plus lots of citrus fruits

The Goldenseal acts as an antibiotic and immune booster. The Bee Pollen works as an immune booster and for some reason instantly relieved sinus pressure as well.

Echinecea tea steeped for 15 min and 3-5 times a day plus honey

This tea dries up the mucous and kills virus cells as well. I'm almost completely sound in health again. I wish I would had know I had a sinus infection to begin with...I am still taking elderberry as well.

Comments

• Thanks for the info. I'll try it.

I know that I have to be gradual because the mucous detox process is brutal. I gave in and used some zicam today. It's going to take me a while just to detox from my caffeine addiction. That will take at least a few months. I am down to 3 cups of coffee today. Huge progress for me. lol. I did it by substitution black tea and then just drinking 1 - 2 cups coffee every few days with as well as black tea. Caffeine is the toughest addiction to get off of. Alcohol and nicotine are a cake walk compared to caffeine. I started drinking caffinated sodas when I was around 5. I think?

I am just doing some raw meals not 100%. I am 100% vegan now. But I have done the vegan thing before. So this time it's not as hard.

• My family physician actually recommended echinacea several years ago (before I even knew what it was) and I've been taking it ever since. It helps. Garlic, horseradish and wheatgrass can help with sinus infection.

http://www.sweetwheat.com/sweet-wheat/natural-solutions-for-sinus-trouble

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Most sinus infections are of fungal nature which is why the goldenseal would have worked, downside is that all berberine containing herbs kill off the good flora.

The bee pollen would have worked by strengthening the adrenal glands to control inflammation:).

• I hope it works for you Liro :)

• Thanks for all of the advice. Goldenseal and garlic have helped. Detoxing is tough but so worth it.

My sinuses feel much better today for the first time in a while. My mind is getting more clear too.:) Today I have not had any cooked food yet and I have a lot of energy. I only had 4 cups of black tea and no coffee. :)

I am going to go 100% raw for the whole day today and tomorrow, to see how it affects my energy level, and to see how my detox symptoms are.

I hope to be 100% raw in about 2-3 weeks. You know what they say "time takes time".

• Liro, that's great news. Let us know how it all turns out.

• Liro, that's great news. Let us know how it all turns out.