Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

To anyone between the ages of 16 and 21

RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Hello fellow young people!

At the moment I live on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia with my mother and brother. I am currently looking to move out of Georgia and into my own place somewhere in the United States. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me where you live and how old you are. I'm trying to find places where you raw foodies are present. Thanks guys! :D

Comments

• Almost 16(just a few more days!)...in the middle of South Carolina (outskirts of Columbia), the weather and land is absolutley beautiful here, although the culture can be kind of annoying.

• rawpretzelarawpretzela Raw Newbie

Im 17 and I live in Mexico. I`m in love with raw food, I`m 100% raw vegan

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

I'm 21 and my brothers 19 we live in Los Angeles. Tons of raw foodies here but rent can be pretty pricey

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

21 and living near birmingham, al.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

20 in pittsburgh, pa. it is like 0 degrees here right now and i don't want to leave my house... however, it's not so bad living here. i haven't met any raw foodists yet but i have met a vegetarian at school.

• WhiteAppleWhiteApple Raw Newbie

18, in Indianapolis, Indiana and it sucks here but I love it kind of (sorta have a love/hate relationship with the city/area). I haven't met any raw foodists or many vegetarian/vegans here but they exist but I plan on going to the raw food support group in my area. Right now the highs are in the 20's.........

What's Atlanta like? I was thinking about that city the other day if it could possibly go on my places I might want to live but I think I prefer the Southwest other than the Southeast.

• I'm 18 and I've lived near SF, California all my life and go to school in CA still. I loveee it here and its so Raw/ Raw Vegan friendly!

• 17 and living in Dorset, England :) its freezing/snowing atm brrr...

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

WhiteApple, Atlanta is pretty cool I guess. We've got some pretty good Health stores and Whole Foods around. Lots of gyms, pools, and yoga places. Bookstores and malls, the Fernbank Museum (for history and science), movie theaters, parks, and one raw food restaurant (though I've never been as its to far away). Atlanta has some good universities as well: Emory, Georgia Tech, Mercer, and Oglethorpe.

The problem is I live about 45 minutes outside of Atlanta and there is nothing here and the people aren't health conscience at all. We've got Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, Wendy's, Popeye's, Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, IHOP, Starbucks, and a load of other fast food places. The most I can do around here is go for walks, ice skate, study, and play around on my computer.

THe summers here in Georgia can be quite warm and humid, so finding a place to go for a swim is a must. Spring and Fall are pretty mild and Winter is usually pretty cold and dry. I think that since I spent the first six years of my life in California and Hawaii so I really miss the west coast. Georgia has been good to me though so I can't complain, I'm just ready to move on.

Loving the responses from everybody, if you see this and are between the ages of 16 and 21 give me a shout out here! :-D

• I'm 16, and I've been lucky enough to travel around a little bit in the past year, since I'm legally an adult now. I lived on Long Island, NY all my life, and it's not a good setting. I tried something drastically different this summer, and moved to San Francisco. Although it's not what I expected it to be, I really appreciate the generally less judgmental attitudes around there. Of course, the raw/vegan restaurants and health stores do help : ). The weather is just awful, though, and a city is a terrible environment for health (all that EM radiation, unsatisfactory amount of oxygen, no real nature). I am currently in Hawaii, and I've been there for a bit over a week now, and I am definitely moving here. It will allow me to grow all of my own food, get the proper amount of sunlight, spend a lot of time outdoors, and live self sustainably. The air and water are clean beyond any other place in the US, and it's surprisingly vegan friendly. So many restaurants around here use organic/local ingredients, and there are about 3 health food stores within a quick drive of where I'll be moving (Pahoa). Apparently there's a huge demographic of raw foodists and vegans there.

• 17, Grew up in St. Louis, Missouri- nice place, some good scenes regarding health conscience people in general especially with exercise and organic is finally becoming more popular! A few months ago I moved to the middle of the desert in Arizona, close to Sedona-beautiful people, place, ALOT of people interested in maintaining all around health and I actually met many people on a raw diet there-plus its always sunny! Good luck with the search.

• Hey guys, I'm Bryan. I'm 20, I was born in North Carolina, moved to the Sacramento, CA area, and now I live in Los Angeles. I'm a jazz piano player and a student, transitioning to eating raw (about 75% raw at the moment) and loving it already!

• 20, Ottawa, ON during the school year and Cape Breton, NS (Canada) in the summers.

• alexispalexisp Raw Jr. Leader
    alexa. said:

I'm 16, and I've been lucky enough to travel around a little bit in the past year, since I'm legally an adult now. I lived on Long Island, NY all my life, and it's not a good setting. I tried something drastically different this summer, and moved to San Francisco. Although it's not what I expected it to be, I really appreciate the generally less judgmental attitudes around there. Of course, the raw/vegan restaurants and health stores do help : ). The weather is just awful, though, and a city is a terrible environment for health (all that EM radiation, unsatisfactory amount of oxygen, no real nature). I am currently in Hawaii, and I've been there for a bit over a week now, and I am definitely moving here. It will allow me to grow all of my own food, get the proper amount of sunlight, spend a lot of time outdoors, and live self sustainably. The air and water are clean beyond any other place in the US, and it's surprisingly vegan friendly. So many restaurants around here use organic/local ingredients, and there are about 3 health food stores within a quick drive of where I'll be moving (Pahoa). Apparently there's a huge demographic of raw foodists and vegans there.

Hi Alexa! I live on Long Island all my life too. I’d love to move to Hawaii!! So many amazing fruits there