best super foods and raw nutrition bar recipe?

Hi, I've been thinking about making a nutrionbar that's raw and complete and portable. Here's my concept:

Healing Honey Active 15+ from sunfoods (it's raw. organic, etc.)

ground raw walnuts mixed in to make a paste

Then I was going to add superfoods( all raw and organic of course): wheat grass or "sun is shining" green superfood mix from sunfoods, raw cacoa nibs or powder, hemp seeds, gogi (which I think I can get fresh) and/or incan berries, acai powder, maca powder, and camu camu powder. Possibly fresh ground raw vanilla beans as well.

Then I was planning on sealing them in a glass container and letting them sun-dry.

Any advice on storage? the recipe itself? How many nutrients would be lost in the process? Thanks so much!

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Hmm. Not sure. I'm guessing you can find recipes as a basis, but I'd go for fresh fruits and dehydrate them a bit. I don't think powders have much part in our moisture-rich bodies. :) Fruit and nuts combo does cause gas to some people - it's bad food combining.

• Good point about the fruits--but in this particular recipe I'm more concerned with getting a bunch of raw nutrients in as water is more widely available. Fruit and nut combos have never really been a problem for me but thanks anyway. What kind of recipes would you suggest I look for? Do you know of any?

Larabars don't have many ingredients and you could make those:

http://www.larabar.com/food/larabar/

Cookie and treats under this link has some bars: http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/

• Thanks!

• oh! Does anyone have any info (guesses, really) one the shelf-stability of these and perhaps how to improve that?

That's a good question. I'd put some lemon juice in it, maybe, and keep it in the fridge. A long, long time ago I made banana cookies that were dehydrated and they got moldy (big, fluffy, white mold) within 3 days! :o :( I was sad at the time. :)

• Lemon juice! Great idea...salt wouldnt taste great, but do you think a little sea salt would help? I'm actually not too concerned about taste.

• What about storing them in waxed paper and then plastic? Got any more eco-friendly ideas?

You can get unbleached parchment paper at most health-food stores. Not sure where you live.....

I don't know if processed salt will cause them to last longer or not.

• It would probably be Celtic Sea Salt which is minimally processed, mabey I'll include a little anyway for taste-balancing and minerals. I probably can find some, thanks for the tip!

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Supposedly wheat grass is most beneficial when used within 30 minutes of juicing.

• I was thinking of just the grass...not the juice.

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Oh...but our bodies can't extract the nutrients out of plain wheatgrass because of all the fiber.

• I've read reputable sources saying it's nearly as good as juicing if you chew the grass thoroughly and spit out the fibre.