Im going on a candida cleanse!!! ah!

im real nervous. i crave sweets so badly its crazy, and i have a few other symptoms. anyone gone on this cleanse before?? im using kim wilsons candida clease method....

Comments

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

you're welcome! in my experience fat was the culprit, not fruit so low-fat made it possible for my body to heal itself. the fat blocks the sugar from being absorbed efficiently and causes blood sugar problems. hence the candida overgrowth to clean up the excess sugar. in my experience coconut oil exasperated the problem since it's 100% fat.

after i started eating low-fat the sugar was able to be absorbed efficiently and I have no problems any more, I'm only thriving! i had no die off or detox symptoms. i felt better and better everyday. for others it may take a few days to get the excess fat out of the system to really start feeling good.

when i was doing the low-fruit diet and cleanses and everything else it kept getting worse so i was hoping it was detox symptoms but it wasn't, it was just really getting worse. i think people promote the detox symptoms so you will continue a program that isn't working in hope that you are experiencing detox symptoms and almost healed.

the problem with candida cleanses is that it doesn't take the source of the problem away because people usually cleanse and then go back to eating in the way that caused the candida overgrowth. also, it's important to understand that we need candida in our body, it's only when there is an overgrowth that you experience symptoms. it's about eating in a way that balances the candida and for me it's eating low-fat fruit and greens.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

in regard to a high fruit diet/greens verse a low-fat diet, can you also add a small protion a cooked grains into your diet??

im not sure i could manage a high fruit diet in this cold ... good thing florida winters are short :)

yeah, it seems to me the most important thing is to keep it low-fat whether it's cooked or not. if you want any cooked food, carbs are a good way to go. things like potatoes, squashes, certain grains, veggies, etc. i've eaten low-fat cooked vegan before and i did benefit from it although not as much as low-fat raw vegan.

awesome. think i'll give it a try. so what all is considered fats. i know the basics .. avo, oils, olives, nuts, seeds ... anything else? oh but i love a good nut butter with apples.

does anyone have any testimonies regarding getting rid of candida?

hi rawmamnibbles! i'm going to copy and paste something i've written before about my experience with candida:

When I first switched to a raw diet I ate high-fat, raw gourmet (lot's of coconut oil, avocados, nuts and seeds, etc.). After a while I started getting candida symptoms. I had the symptoms for two months and was MISERABLE. I tried all the low-sugar, low-fruit (and only low-glycemic fruits), greens and veggies diets and found that it wasn't sustainable and my symptoms weren't getting better, but actually worse. I tried the garlic, the probiotics and prebiotics, herbs, enemas and all that CRAZY stuff that get's pushed by all the other raw food "gurus" and nothing worked. It felt so unnatural to give up fruit that I loved so much so one day I saw some posts about an all fruit, low-fat diet and decided to try it out because nothing else was working. After 2 days on all fruit I felt amazing! My candida symptoms disappeared during that first week on fruit. I felt better and better everyday. I couldn't believe that the symptoms I was struggling with for 2 months were gone after only a few days on fruit. I still eat this way because I love it so much. I've never felt and looked healthier than I do now. I'd also like to add that I was spending so much money on supplements, herbs, tonics, probiotics, etc. trying to find a "cure" for candida that didn't work and I spent about 75% less when buying all the fruit that gave my body all the nourishment it needed to heal itself.

Wish you the best on your journey :)

thank you. i did hear that u will get candida detox symptoms --- u will get worse at first. i cant understand why fruit will make you better if you have candida??

thank you for you wishes i really hope i can knock this thing out.

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

I heard coconut oil has properties to help get rid of candida.