ha-hem....

has anyone been following the 80-10-10 diet?

Has anyone noticed just HOW much FOOD you can shovel down at one time? I mean, in the book Dr. Graham says, "Prepare yourself, you'll eat buckets of fruit." and I thought, "ha, sure I will...." and sort of snickered, since I've only been able to eat little bits at one time since going vegan. BUT NOW! Let me tell YOU! Picture a nature documentary where you see a granddaddy gorilla sitting happily in the underbrush just plowing through a mountain of bananas, or leaves ,or whatever....that's ME! I could seriously astound some people...at work, it's getting noticed how seemingly bottomless my pit of a stomach is...but it's kind of a proud moment too:)

I mean, how many people could manage to swallow that much on a sad diet? not many....but the kicker is: I'm STILL not gaining! weird...

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ha Ha! Sometimes I amaze myself when I eat. I'll make a HUGE salad and I'm almost scared to eat it, because there is so much food. Last night it took me 40 min to eat my dinner because I was eating so much, but I felt fine afterward (a little too full for about 30min, but then I felt perfectly normal). I try to visualize my food going into my stomach and I still wonder how it can hold that much food. I guess it is digesting very fast to leave room for the rest of the food coming in.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

AVL, I know exactly what you mean! I'm quite slender and it just blows my mind that I can eat so much food and still stay so tiny!! LOL. I think it's because by the next day your stomach has completely digested and eliminated all the food from the day before. Also, fruits and veggies have a high water content, so once the body absorbs all the water in the food during digestion, there isn't much left.

I love eating so much fruit and veggies. Being able to eat tons of sweet fruits and savory veggies as I please and not gain a pound! :) We 80/10/10ers have it good. hehe

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

haha i agree rawaholic