Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Spiral Slicer Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good looking, sturdy, easy to clean spiral slicer? I want to make zucchini pasta and would rather take someone's 'brand' recommendation rather than going into it blindly. :)

Comments

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

I forgot to mention, price is no object. Well... Mostly!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I have the Spirooli & I really like it. I use it everyday! It was about $60.

• If you're on a budget I got this one thing that's kinda like a skin peeler and it makes spaghetti type noodles I picked it up at cooking store for about 5-7 bucks.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I use World Cuisine's spiralizer, and I think it works great. No complaints.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

This one (http://discountjuicers.com/tsumapuro.html) is new and I ordered it. It has four different cut styles:

* Angel Hair Size - 1.3mm thickness

* Spaghetti Pasta - 2.7mm thickness

* Linguine Pasta - 3.9mm thickness

* Ribbon Slices

I am really looking forward to trying it.

I have and really like the spirooli (http://discountjuicers.com/spirooli.html) but even the smallest blade makes a pretty big pasta. If you don't mind that, then you can save money by getting the spirooli instead of the tsumapuro.

But I really want one that does angel hair pasta without using the seeds in the middle as with the Spiral Slicer (also called the Saladacco).

Here is a comparison chart with the three models I mentioned. I hope this helps;

http://discountjuicers.com/spiralcompare.html

Thank you guys! This info was great - just what I needed. I think I might go with the Tsumparo... After you mentioned it, RCBAlive, I went to youtube and watched a demonstration and it seems awesome! I'm still thinking about my ultimate decision though!

Glittergirl, I'm scheduled to get mine on Friday and am really excited about it, except for the fact that I am still juice fasting and will not get the full benefit of it until after I finish my fast. Maybe I'll play with it and then just juice the veggies after I finish playing.

I saw the video as well and based on the fact that I have used the other two, the Tsumparo seems as if it will be the best of both worlds. I know it is expensive, but if it can combine the benefits of both of the other ones, I think it is well worth it.

If you haven't made a decision by the time I get mine, I'll let you know after I try it.

OoOOoo, that'd be awesome RCBAlive! Yes, please let me know what you think of it when you get it - I'll wait 'til I hear what you have to say :)

I'll do it GlitterGirl. If you haven't heard from me by the middle of next week, please remind me.

• Paul BPaul B Raw Jr. Leader

I have and like the Tsumapuro. It's angel hair pasta is both thinner (1.3 mm vs. 1.5 mm) and cleaner cut than the Saladacco. There is a video on Youtube of John Kohler demonstrating it which is what sold me. I have the other two as well. But I'm selling them.

Paul

RCBAlive - Any word any your new slicer? Thank you as well Paul!

Sorry I didn't get back to you Glittergirl. I am still fasting and haven't really done much with it, but I did try it and I do like it. I agree with Paul B about the cleaner cut. It is very smooth operating and I like the 1.3 mm vs. the 1.5 size better. If money is no object, I would go with the Tsumapuro. I just want you to know that I only spent about 10 minutes playing with it and have definately not checked out all of the ins and outs of it. I am glad that Paul has actually used it and perhaps he can give you a recommendation based on having used all three of the spirol slicers. I am really looking forward to using it once I am off my fast!

• I like the Saladacco, it works great!

http://www.discountjuicers.com/spiralslicer.html

Hey Glittergirl, did you end up buying a spiral slicer? If so, which one? I am still fasting (today is day 59--tomorrow will be my last day--1 day fasted for each year I have been alive) so I still have not really experienced the Tsumapuro. It will probably be another week or two before I actually am back into eating my regular diet. If you still want to know how I like it, let me know.

• All of these are awesome suggestions. I have 3 ways I use to make noodles

1-I just simply peel the vegetable like carrots or zuc. with a peeler. This will give you fettucinni (sorry if I spelt it wrong.. I am going off of memory and it's been a while since I read an olive garden menu hehe) like noodle.

2-I have a spiral slicer (I don't know the name of it) and basically there are three parts to it. a bottom to catch the noodle, a middle part that slices them, and a third-the top that you clamp down and spin around to spiral them I doubt this makes since but it makes my noodles super thing like ramon noodles.

3-a mandolin to make thicker more spag like noodles.

I honestly like the first way the best it is great for tomatoe sauces, thai flavors and pesto.

I've added a few pics recently to my blog of noodles over the past week... I think they were both used with my first method

have a great day :D