Getting the lingo down

A friend of mine told me yesterday that she is a raw foodist not a raw vegan. If you are a raw foodist are you not a raw vegan by default? What is she talking about?

Comments

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Personally I don't believe in labels like these. I just tell people that I eat a raw plant based diet (with the exception of raw honey). But if someone calls themselves a raw foodist, raw vegan, or raw vegetarian, this is rough definition of what each label means.

Raw Foodist - Someone who eats fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables, meats, and dairy in their raw/uncooked state.

Raw Vegetarian - Someone who eats fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables, and dairy in their raw/uncooked state.

Raw Vegan - Someone who eats fruits, nuts, seed, and vegetables in their raw/uncooked state.thi

Hope this has helped! :-)

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• Does raw meat sound like the grossest thing to eat EVER? Just me maybe, but raw meat looks just SO unappetizing.

• vabeachcgvabeachcg Raw Newbie

bleesh yes, yes it does... then again don't ask me; so does raw animal milk and raw honey (well--honey in general--i simply cannot bring myself to consume honey or bee products; my friend took beekeeping in college and i learned a lot about the plight of our little winged friends...but that's probably just imho).

• I stopped my own urge to buy raw honey yesterday, too. I KNOW that bees are hurt in the process and I don't believe it is right to take their hard-made honey from them. So I skipped the honey and will continue to do so.

• vabeachcgvabeachcg Raw Newbie

that's awesome to hear, lauraj! :) that made my

• I get the label thing now, thank you. I am with you though and I am just telling people I eat a raw plant based diet.