Birthday plan...

Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

My husband and I have birthdays almost the same time, and he has decided to ask me not for a present (and I asked him for many, so… TOUGH!) but for a dinner prepared for him. He enjoys gorging himself, and I had suggested a lavish raw dinner. Anyone has any suggestions what would be good for that? I want it to be good and also look good, presentation is important in this case!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Mexican always goes down well with my husband and various other hungry men I have uncooked for. Tortillas, refried beans, salsa, cheeze stuffed jalapenos, guacomole and sour creem, yum! My fave recipe for it is in Sarma Menghalis And Matt Kenny Raw food real world. It is good man food :) You got to make a huge cake too though with candles and everything.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

I totally agree with Zoe! The Raw Food Real World tacos are AWESOME. In fact, they were the first raw meal I made for my boyfriend (who is neither raw nor even vegetarian) and he loved them. Soooo good. It’s a little time consuming to juggle all the components, but it is really worth it, especially for a celebration! I like to have them with a nice limeade and a tropical dessert.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Ohh, good ideas… Does anyone have any recipes to suggest? And the cake! Any ideas there?

• morningtheft – gliving.tv has some REALLY yummy and appetizing recipes (entrees, desserts, salads, and more) You might want to check it out. The carrot cake is amazing.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

There are refried beans, tortillas and tons of cake recipes on the recipe page. I think the one in the book I listed before is just the greatest though, but they do seem pretty similar. The refried beans in that book are dehydrated till hard then crumbled and mixed in a tomato sauce, I think it is this that “makes” the recipe.

• think chocolate for dessert..brazil nuts,agave,cacao for the crust..for the filling cashews ,melted cacao butter,cacao powder,agave,pinch salt,drop of vanilla…blend together and chill or freeze..bon appetite!!