Please help me wrt recipes that don't have nuts and other fancies

HI! I'm 26 and a busy mom of 5 children under the age of 8. I am online a lot looking for recipes for things quite a bit and can't seem to find too many recipes for raw foods that don't contain nuts, raw soy sauces, tahini etc. I dont have a natural food store neat me and the only place to get groceries is walmart. I'm going to travel to a health food store butit's expensive so for now I have to do the best I can. I'm almost begging you lovely people to help me come up with a stack if recipes that will fill me and satisfy the tastebuds. I do have a few staples I make, a spicy french tomato soup, mushroom soup, guacamole and zuchinni spaghetti w/ marinara. Oh and raw dog rorys bbq portabella burger, but I am kindof getting tired of them! I have a blender, food processor and dehydrator.. Oh and a juicer- just so ya know :) I am losing so well on this diet (28 lbs in 7 weeks) and I'm not going to give up because I can't give my tastebuds a roller coaster ride yet hehe.

I really appreciate anything you can throw at me- I'm soooo wanting some good food!

Comments

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Wow, you are amazing. Making it happen with 5 kids an Walmart. Amen!

I recommend learning about different kinds of fruits. These are the best for you, and the easiest to prepare! Try eating mono meals of one kind, or maybe a couple different kinds. Try cutting them up into a fruit salad. My favorite fruits are bananas, grapes, and papaya. Also, organic fruit also tastes a lot better IMO if Walmart has any of that.

Here's a couple recipies I really like:

• onion bread
    • carrot soup
    • bahini smoothie
    • seed milk (you can use any kind of seed, I like sunflower or sesame)
    • blended salads (take normal salad ingredients and blend them, or I like to just heavily pulse it all up in the food processor)
  • Here's a few easy recipes I make for dinner a lot:

I use a lot of roots right now cause thats whats in season here, but dont know if its available to you.

Sauce or alternative to hummus: parsley root and some sundried tomatoes perhaps some cayenne or curry if you want.

blended with water. I poured that over zuchini noodles last night.

another sauce: cherry tomatoes, mango and any herb of your choice - like basil or cilantro.

i use it as dressing or sauce for more noodles.

Hummus/pate: Beetroot, half avocado, thyme, spring onions, (fresh mild chili) combined in a foodprocessor and I eat that in a romaine lettuce wrap with sprouts and cut up tomatoes etc.

kale salad: chopped in the foodprocessor - add a sauce or just squeeze some orange juice or any citrus and some fresh herbs and tomatoes - yummy! and very cheap, here at least.

Just get as many variations of fruits and vegetables and play around with it in your kitchen, find out what you like and what works for you and your kids.

I like lettuce wraps a lot with endless variations.

Play away!!

• Oh some of these sound super yummy! I do actually have a mango and am getting tomatoes today and I've been looking for a new salad dressing!

I'llbuy online, but it kindof takes "startup money" and we dont have that right now. OUr grocery budget has gone up quite a bit since starting this way of life, so there is none left for the fun stuff like dulse and nuts. :( or seeds.

roots- I know we have some fo those.. never knew what to do w/ them.

I do plan on getting sweet potatoes today and making chips! MMM

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Seeds aren't too expensive, at least in a physical store. Sunflower seeds 2 something per pound for organic at Whole Foods, and if you soak / sprout them they become much bigger so it works out to maybe something like 1.5 or less per pound

• I've seen that- I may actually talk my dh into getting me some from raw food world. They are cheap there too!

Hey what do you guys do with eggplant? I got some to make bacon but had the wrong kind of vinegar and it didn't turn out very good. I have one left, what would you do?

• I used to just marinate eggplant.

make a sort of dressing, some olive oil and citrus juice plus herbs of your taste and just slice up your eggplant in like 1/2 inch slices or something like that, and soak/marinate them for a like 3 hours or overnight.

it absorbs the flavour of your dressing and the consistency kinda reminds me of tofu. kinda. maybe not if you're used to eating tofu.

• Lots of good ideas posted here. Here's an awesome "salad" recipe ... we eat this a lot. hmmmm - not sure how to post the link here. The name of the recipe is Todds Waldorf Supreme on this site

http://goneraw.com/node/3127

• that looks yummy rawlady!