Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

marinara sauce, your fave?

Hi gone raw friends,

Ill start by saying that I'm positive that I already posted this but I'm new to this board and I cannot find it for the life of me! Maybe I started to post and never finished or something- or didn't hit save.. either way-

what is your fave marinara sauce? I've not found one I love yet. I can make some okay ones, but nothing I love.

Please let me know what your trick is! I sure wish there was a trick to getting the tomato seeds out O.o

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

ani phyo's recipe is awesome!! i don't have my book with me but it might be on the site already. it has about 2 cups tomatoes, 1/2 cup fresh basil, a few sundried tomatoes, pinch of oregano, 1/4 cup olive oil, a little lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sea salt, pepper, and 1-2 dates. it's something like that haha i've made it quite a few times.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

The trick is sundried tomatoes!! They make the flavor much more potent. This is the one I've made recently that I like: http://goneraw.com/recipe/marinara-sauce-0

• Here's another. Can't remember where I got it. I think the addition of the pepper makes this one so good:

1 lge red or yellow pepper

3/4 cup tomato

1/4 c. sundried tomato

1/4 tsp salt

generous sprinkle thyme, oregano, basil

1 date

geez i wish i had zucchini in the house! i'm gonna make that one for dinner, rawfreak. can cucumbers be made into noodles?

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Cucumbers are too watery, in my experience

thanks for the tip, eecho. i'm gonna wait for zucchini.

• thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

• in case you were still wondering, here's ani phyo's recipe:

2 cups tomatoes, chopped

1 clove garlic

1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

juice of 1/2 lemon or lime, about 1 tablespoon

1 teaspoon pitted dates

1 teaspoon oregano, fresh or dried

1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh or dried

1 teaspoon sea salt

3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes

i haven't tried it yet, but it's on the menu for tomorrow i believe

• This is great sauce as well ... you could add more spices as in the recipe above (oregano and rosemary). It has substantially more sundried tomatoes, which gives it spectacular flavor.

Marinara Sauce

Alissa cohen living on live food book)

• I like this one:

1 tomato

5 sundried tomatoes (I soak mine, though the recipe doesn't say to..and I use a bit of the soak water in the sauce)

1 tsp oregano

1 tbsp fresh basil

1 clove garlic

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

red pepper flakes

sea salt and/or agave to taste

nom nom

I'm making this on Saturday!