Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Do any of you have any problems that arose from being raw vegans?

kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Just wondering, any problems? Diseases? Parasites?

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Not at all.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I second "Not at all." : >

• none health wise -- quite the opposite - I feel absolutely great. The only issue is some folks think I'm weird -- but that's okay.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

nope, all my problems were left behind!

• People have thought I was weird my whole life so that's not an issue for me.

• vabeachcgvabeachcg Raw Newbie

none, and believe it or not, despite it being the dog days of winter i have not gotten sick once *communicable-disease related* all season long... first time ever!

and its the first time ive ever had a high-raw winter.

• rawpretzelarawpretzela Raw Newbie

Everyone thinks Im weirdd!!!! Hate it...

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Not at all, other than going to the bathroom (#2) more often, but I think that's it's actually a good thing! I haven't gooten sick in years and I feel like I have a lot more energy too :)

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

None!

If you stay on it for about 2 or 3 months after that you may experience minor discomfort (of course my own experience) like weak bones, lack of strength and energy, constant eating or hungry and thinking of food don't forget weak teeth. Yours may vary.

The parasite thing I don't think it's a problem, parasites (and bacteria) they are part of life, some are good some are bad. a healthy body can cope with the bad one's and the good one's don't bother (of course my opinion and experience.

Then you have the detox phenomena don't mix this with a real sign of the body that it is missing some essential nutrient, after a month or so your body is accustomed to a new diet.

But RAW-vegan diet is far better than any SAD or vegetarian diet only you need to be very careful that you get enough calories, good fats and keep an eye on the vit-d, B12, iron, etc. then you will be fine.

Maybe my bad experience is because I don't do supplements or very exotic foods, local food should be good enough (except chocolate :) ).

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

-----

what i eat in a day? from 3000 -7-8-9000cals a day

-----

But How? In my raw-vegan-diet days I eat 20+kg of food a week and that's only for about 2500-3000 cal a day, you eat 6000 a day (on the save site) that's about 60kg of food a week. There's not enough hours in a day to eat that amount of food?

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

The diseases (autoimmune) I developed before I went raw vegan and are better while raw vegan. Ironically I got parasites (c. difficile and cryptosporidium) two weeks before I made the decision to go raw the first time and was in the hospital and diganosed prior to going raw vegan. It has been very difficult to get rid of them. I was in the hospital a second time with them (c. difficile just didn't die off) while raw vegan, and I wasn't as ill as the first time - but it was still scary. I went off raw vegan because I was lazy and didn't feel well, and noticed that didn't improve things. My energy levels just continued to go down hill and I started getting more autoimmune symptoms again. I'm STILL struggling to get rid of the old bugs plus new ones I picked up from a lot of antibiotics (the one remaining bug plus new bug is not food borne - the new bug is candida albicans and directly correlates to antibiotic intake as is the old bug - c. difficile), but have been 100% raw vegan for over a week again now and have more energy even though I'm dealing with serious die off. The first time I was raw vegan for several months, but would fall off the wagon every week or two and have rice. So far I'm doing much better at just sticking to it because I know it's the best thing for my autoimmune. When I started again, I got a Vitamix. The financial investment keeps me motivated, and the Vitamix is just so darn awesome (every time I talk about it I sound like an infomercial). It also helps that my husband and family are very supportive and the store owners at rawvegansource.com really pushed me - and I needed it!

I do supplement B12 and other vitamins because my autoimmune makes me prone to malabsorption. I was b12 deficient prior to going vegan.

• Exact opposite, My life improved in every way.

I stopped drinking, now I just have a few drinks here and there.

I lost weight.

I became more focused on my goals, and began accomplishing everything.

I began attracting new wonderful people and situations in my life.

I made more money! (It's true, the raw foods give me so much energy that I am able to apply myself more and have made more money as a result)

Feel much more positive and well in every way!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

my iron did go down a bit even though i was supplementing. but there's no saying that it might not have happened if i had continued on my cooked vegan diet.

some people may continue to have health problems despite being on a great diet. there are other factors and you have to keep that in mind. often their ailments will still present themselves but the recovery time is much shorter or symptoms less severe due to the raw vegan diet.

i just don't want to paint a picture of everyone being perfect on this diet, because it can take awhile to heal.