Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

It's now green....

Okay, here I go, my, um, eliminations now have a distinct green tinge, maybe even more than a tinge. I do eat a lot of dark leafy greens. Is this normal or does this mean that my body cannot assimilate the chlorophyll or other nutrients properly? Anyone else having a similar experience? Thanks...!

Comments

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

Try eating more fruit and carrots to see if that changes things. Can you see food particles? If you can see parts of what you ate, you may not be breaking down the food enough and you might want to consider a vegan food enzyme to help you break down the food. Do you add vitamin c (lemon juice or lime) to your leafy greens? It helps break them down by activating an acid.

The other alternative is too much iron in the leafy greens. I would suggest trying to spice things up a bit with variety.

I do notice a bit of a change when I'm heavier on kale and spinach, so it may be within normal ranges.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

nah. it's fine - it's a sign that you are a raw foodist - unless your constipated or seeing food particles like cami said.

• No, no food particles, thankfully. As for the lemon, lately I did not add my usual lemon juice to the green smoothie, I'll do that again and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

rawemotions - ha ha, my poo is green too! I would compare it to goose poo :) I've been eating more kale, spinach and seaweed lately and I've notice a difference in the color of my BM. When I cut back on the greens, it goes back to brown (sorry for the graphic details!).

• AVL - thanks for the graphic details, I was asking for these :-)!

• It's true, my poo is green too. I have to say, I get slightly anxious when it turns kind of yellowish from bananas, since that green colour is so comforting:)

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

my poop is whatever color of the food i eat... mostly yellow or green. i eat a lot of pineapple haha

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i would say add more cacao to your diet to make it browner. lol totally kidding.

pretty green here too, especially the more green smoothies i drink.

• Mine can look like a rainbow. Nothing to worry about. The greener the better I say. Brown is the colour of cooked food waste, green is the colour of health!

Tis the living pooh.