Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juice Fast Failure?

2»

Comments

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Lol, mmmmm my name says it all as far as how I feel about juice fasts! I do them routinely. In fact, I am on a 30 day juice fast right now The reason you are probably feeling weak and dizzy is because your body is just not getting enough from the melon. Melons are awesome as far as there water content and healing components but not much for sticking with (some) people for very long. But, they are also natural dieuretics...which is why they seem to go right through ya! And, your body still has to digest them....no doubt you can still detox with them, but if you have a higher metabolism , which most raw foodies have, you'll notice you get way hungier just eating melons. If you have a juicer, you could juice which would give you those needed nutrients plus still giving your body a break from digesting. Always STRAIN your juice before drinking!! Lol, that was my biggest rookie mistake when I first started juice fasting!Anytime you have to chew anything you have started your body's digestive system up, which will trigger the rest of the systems with it. When you abstain from chewing (i.e. like a juice fast or water fast or even "broth"-type soups) your digestion stops, which stops those hunger signals going to your brain, and allows your body to use that energy to detox. If you don't have a juicer you could add a broth-type raw soup (anyone that you could just drink, and not chew) in beween the melon and see how you feel after that. Above all, I firmly believe you have to listen to your body! I have done a 92 day juice fast and I honestly wasn't really hungry at all, except for the first two days and maybe a day here and there sporadically through out.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

As usual, I agree with Zinfandel. If juicing doesn't work for you, do mono fruit eating. Make sure it's ripe and good quality. If the fruit doesn't taste good and juicy, there's no point because you won't enjoy it. I have also done simple/mono fruit eating meals and green juices for a couple days without a break in work or exercise (and enjoyed quite the buzz). :p

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Hey AVL, sorry for not responding again fast. It's hard to keep track of all the threads sometimes! How did it end up going for you? I hope you were able to figure out a good solution, and had a good rest of the juice fast :)