How long did your detox symptoms last?

AnnabethAnnabeth Raw Newbie

I'm planning to go fully raw soon, so I'd like to know what I'm going to be in for: how long did your symptoms last, and what were they exactly? Do you have them every time you eat cooked foods (assuming that you do on occasion?). 

Thanks in advance! :)

Best Answer

• StephLovesFruitStephLovesFruit Raw Starter
    Answer ✓

I think it varies from person to person and depends on what your diet was like before. I didn't really experience any detox symptoms, but then I had been eating a fairly healthy vegan diet for years (lots of veggies, fruit, green smoothies). People who transition straight from a 'standard' diet, or even a vegan junk food diet, seem to experience more detox symptoms. If the detox becomes a bit much, you can always slow it down by adding some healthy cooked vegan food like sweet potatoes, steamed vegetables etc. Whenever I do eat cooked food (if I can't get good quality fruit), then I just feel a bit less alive and energised, my digestion slows down and is not so good, but it's not a big problem and I just enjoy it more when I'm back on good quality raw food.

Good luck!

ClaireT