what should we do to avoid heart disease?

healthguy1healthguy1 Raw Newbie

Hi,

I need some advice related to the heart disease. Actually, My grandfather have heart problems. Sometimes he feel pain in his heart. We went to doctor for the treatment.Doc advised us to give him nutrition diet. I have studied about the wellness mama that how she manged to make her family to live a healthy life. I took some help by studying about her. But still I thing that before I start I should take advice from the experts.

ClaireT

Answers

• BibiBibi Raw Jr. Leader

Hi there, healthyguy1,

i’ll attempt to answer your question to the best of my ability and common sense knowledge, meaning, I am not an “expert”-anything.  

First, you are not responsible for anyone’s health but your own, and same goes for your grandfather, but both of you should steer clear of any fried foods, refined sugars, (which is everywhere except in fresh fruit - fresh fruit contain natural sugars which are good for you), stay away from animal products, including poultry and fish.  And just when you think there will be nothing left for you to eat, do not despair, you’re on the right track (from a healthy standpoint) if you’re here on The Rawtarian site, which is jampacked with hundreds of heart healthy easy to make recipes I know for a fact you’ll enjoy. You should also incorporate daily light exercise into your routine, something as simple as 30 min walking will work wonders for your overall health and not just your heart.  If it’s too cold out, put on a hat and gloves and hit the road, rain or shine.  Listen to the ques your own body is giving you as opposed to waiting to see what “experts” have to say. Your own body IS the expert, listen to it, it talks to you all day long or provides you best tips on what you should or should not be doing.  

If you don’t know how to listen to your own body, you do it everyday without knowing it, for example, every time you feel a craving or hunger kicks in, that’s your body talking to you;  anytime you feel sleepy, that’s your body talking to you saying “I need rest,” etc. Hopefully I’ve answered your question.  Good luck!

ClaireTRosebuds
  • DavyKOTWFDavyKOTWF Raw Jr. Leader

For a great start, go vegan.   It's not that hard.  

• DiorellaDiorella Raw Jr. Leader

I'm not a doctor, or anything in the medical field. I agree with DavyKOTWF that he should go vegan. Let him watch documentaries too. I believe that he should avoid any kind of oils too. 

• Richa94Richa94 Raw Jr. Leader

Hi, there

The preventive measure for heart disease is to avoid cholesterol and living a stress-free life. As you mention in your post that doc

has advised him a nutritional diet, maybe there is a lack of nutrition in his diet. So first thing go for a nutritious diet (oil-free). Apart from that

one thing which will definitely help him in dealing with heart disease is meditation, it reduces the stress level thus lowering the chance of heart

disease.