Alternatives

Happy New Year to readers.  

I was very interested to learn about the alternatives for coconut. I have found that so much raw desserts are dominated by this ingredient. It is one of many tested allergies I have that can make life difficult, including egg white, soy, certain varieties of fish, wheat, milk, almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, lamb, beef. 

My diet includes heaps of veggies, buckwheat, teff, fruit and mineralised filtered water, good Australian olive oils, grapeseed oil and occasionally brown rice oil. My husband has serious health issues so do not always go raw as it then becomes too much work doing separate meals. However, I believe the coconut oil. Also use lots of macadamia milk (manufactured) rice milk, dates and seeds. I use cacao nibs a lot and turmeric golden lattes. 

I am wanting some raw recipes that do not have "the same ... same" taste as many raw desserts do. Would really love to collect some if your readers have any suggestions.

Thank you. 

Marylin

ClaireT

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

How about almonds, either grated or as a flour?

• marylinforbesmarylinforbes Raw Newbie

Thanks for your participation. Unfortunately almonds on the no-go list. It is a shame because I was utilising almond in many ways. I use macadamia nuts a lot, especially encased in dates for a quick pickup. They are very expensive. I am also type a blood group meaning nightshades can be a problem too. 

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Sorry, I didn't notice the almonds on your list before. What about walnuts? They're usually one of the more affordable nuts too. 

RyanBrey
  • RyanBreyRyanBrey Raw Jr. Leader
    ClaireT said:

Sorry, I didn't notice the almonds on your list before. What about walnuts? They're usually one of the more affordable nuts too. 

Hmm, that would be good. :)

ClaireT