Hi to everyone!

edited December 2010 in Introductions

Hi all! New to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I have been into raw for the past two years. I have been a vegetarian for the past 17 years and on and off vegan many times throughout that time. I have been a strict vegan for the past 2 years.

I got into raw because I like to eat as close to nature as possible and for health reasons. I also like to experiement with different chip recipes for the deydrator and like to sprout and make raw nut cheeses and creamy dips.

Comments

• Hey, it’s nice to meet you! When you say you were a strict vegan can you elaborate? Strict vegan compared to a regular vegan?

• Hia Queen fluff, I love the raw cheeses. Let’s face it the ‘fake vegan cheese’ is utterly disgusting, at least here in the UK it is. I was so glad when I made almond cheese and mylk for the first time. What a revelation that was. It was all I could do to stop myself running out into the streets to tell everyone about it. Great to meet you!

• By strict vegan I meant that I didn’t let myself slip like I had in my 17 veg*n years where I went on and off being vegan. :) So, I guess regular vegan. I think I have had a couple things with honey along the way.

Yep, vegan cheeses are gross. I have tried one of the UK ones (Sheese) and it is great compared to the American ones. I have some Sheese I am just finishing up. I make a Raw Brazil Nut cheese that is a nice spread and a dehydrated Cheddar Cheese that I put on my Raw pizzas. I’ll have to post the replies.

Nice to meet everyone! :)

• I would LOVE to have that dehydrated cheddar cheese recipe…please do post!!

• Nice to meet you too. The Raw Brazil Nut cheese sounds wounderful!

• Ok, I put both the recipes under the “cheese” section. :)