Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need a master cleanse partner

1235»

Comments

• Halfway there! I am on to Day 6. Still so far so good. I think what is affecting me the most the last couple of days is the disrupted sleep since the senna tea really takes effect at about 4:30 – 5am so I have to get up to use the restroom. I go ahead and drink the SWF while I am up in hopes to be done with all of that before I have to go to work, but it makes it difficult to go back to sleep and I am used to getting up closer to 7:30-8am.

sgmom2 – Congrats! You are almost done! Good for you for sticking it out.

Carmentina – isn’t it great to have a supportive partner. It makes it much easier!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Gosh great job to all of you! you are really kicking butt!!!
    I’m having fun “transitioning”.. I am juicing but also eating some nice raw food. I find I have so much more restraint now. I will send good thoughts your way…

• I DID IT! I DID IT! I can’t believe it myself. I really went 11 whole days with absolutely NO food. I am officially down 20 pounds to boot. I lost so much because I did not use the maple syrup and only used agave half of the time. I drank lemon water the rest. I also added the cayenne to my tea, senna and peppermint as well. I swear this has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I really don’t think I could do it again given the side effects I had.

Ladies I admire all of you for sticking it out. I for one know it’s no easy feat. You will be SOOOO proud of yourselves for finishing. I sincerely wish you all the best.

I received my dehydrator and blendtec today too. Feels like I won a prize for this. I am on my way to a much healthier diet. This fast has given me time to evaluate my eating habits. I can’t wait to try all of the recipes in my box.

Kelley and Kathryn a big big HUG to both of you!!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. There were days when I didn’t think I could go on just to sign on and have an encouraging word from one of you. Kathryn I hope your exam went well.

Renoir-You are a sweetie. It should get a lot easier for you at this point. the last half was much much easier than the first and the last 3 days were by far the easiest.

YammyGirl- Good luck with your juice feast and thanks for your support.

Good luck to everyone just starting out!

Sounds like I am accepting an academy award, huh? That’s how I feel, elated to have done it and even more elated to be F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D. Nite ladies. I’ll be checking in on you guys.

• =D You are amazing! I’m so proud of you for sticking it out, especially given what you went through the last couple of days. I’m a little disappointed I didn’t finish mine but I really would have been under too much strain. Even then, I learned alot about myself during my MC, as I’m sure we all did. My exam went well and my paper is finallyyyy finished, so thanks for your kind words =)
    Again, CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are both awesome XOX!

Great Job sgmom2.. you did it!!! You should be so proud. What discipline you have! Enjoy your transition :)

• JDJD

I read as much as I could in this thread so sorry if I’m asking a question that was covered. I also have not read the book so I don’t know if this was covered in there either. Basically, in the morning I hit the gym 6 days a week for weight lifting. My workout is a little over an hour. I’m currently starting a new work out that will require me to go back to the gym in the afternoon to do cardio and abs. Is it ok to continue my exercise routine on the MC? Has anyone stayed with their exercise routine or perhaps had difficulty staying with it?

• Hi Pundee- I usually work out at the gym for 2 hours 5 days a week, half cardio/half strength training. I could not do that while on the cleanse. The first three days I did my usual routine but I had to cut out the intense cardio by the 4th day. I just didn’t have the energy. I did walk on the treadmill though and light weights. With that said however I did not use the maple syrup so maybe that’s why I was so drained at the end. My husband ddid do the maple and he is a runner but he couldn’t run the last half of the cleanse. I suspect you will have to cut back but it’s worth it and it is only temporary. Good luck!

Pundee.. I was in the same boat as sgmom2. I run about an hour a day and lift weights twice a week. I was able to lift weights and run about 20 minutes maybe 4 days of the cleanse but the rest of the time I had to walk or not workout. It was hard because I”m training for my third marathon and I missed the endorphins, but it was worth it. I tried not to let it get to me. I’m on my third post cleanse day and have ran hard each day I’ve been off it so know that you will be able to snap right back into your workouts when you are done with you 10 days. Good luck! oh.. I started sitting in the sauna to get my sweat on since I couldn’t run and that felt nice.

• JDJD

Thanks sgmom2 and kminty3. I might do this in one month when I switch to my month 2 workout regime. I recently started a 3 month programme so it might be good to do this before I start month 2.

• This is Day 6 for me and I might be over the first hump! I feel good today, energetic, no headache. This morning I had some MC lemonade since it is allowed during the juicefeast and having something warm was great. I hadn’t planned on weighing in before a full week but curiosity got the best of me and I’m down 10lbs! Pretty good for a start. I have a bunch of weight to lose so that is an added bonus to improving my health! Happy cleansing everyone!
    Hi there, kminty and sgmom

• I am on to Day 7. I had a little bit of a headache last night but not too bad. As far as working out, I have found that there have been days where I have had more energy and been able to do cardio, and other days where I just had to come home nad take a nap. I am looking forward to some serious gym time this weekend if my body will let me! The first day of the cleanse I started out walking to the gym to take the morning yoga class and halfway there I realized that I hadn’t totally finished the SWF like I thought I had so I decided an hour of yoga wasn’t the best idea right then! That and the low energy is what has affected my workouts.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Pundee – I had more energy after my 2nd day and i was able to work out even harder than usual at the gym :) I just brought some lemonade with me and when i started feeling light headed, i took a sip.

Okay, does anyone know why last night, my 5th night, i couldn’t get to sleep at all???? I did absolutely nothing differently. I laid awake pretty much all night and my heart was racing. This is not normal for me nor is it normal for me on the cleanse. I had so much energy yesteryday and i was feeling great – i didn’t even have 6 glasses yesterday! I just felt fantastic. Very odd that i couldn’t go to sleep. Oh, and now my back and shoulder muscles are more tight than ever and very sore. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yammygirl – congrats on your 10 pounds – way to go! I’m on day 6 today and I’m debating weighing myself also… i just don’t want to be disappointed. I feel lighter/thinner/less bloated. But, you never know :) Anyway, good job!!!

• Well I am even finding transitioning difficult. I don’t think 11 days was enough. I think I am going to do three more days starting Monday. The rash is drying out and my skin is dry and peeling. All of my membranes are raw. The rims of my eyes are red and raw and my lips and severely chapped and peeling. My eliminations are SO painful. I feel like I am passing all the cayenne pepper and the rectal muscles hurt like he**. I just wish I understood what is happening to my body. If these are detox symptoms then great but if it an allergic reaction then not so much. I am really beginning to think it may have been something in the smoothe move tea that caused the rash OR was it detox? I just haven’t heard of anyone else having suh severe reactions to the MC.

On a good note, my appetite is noticeably less and I seem to only want whole foods. My taste buds are so heightened too. My tongue is pretty raw so any spice in intolerable. SO I am gonna start again on Monday with 3 days and see if my body balances itself and maybe go longer or just drink green juice if I am still detoxing. I don’t want to sell myself short if my body needs more time to cleanse. I have come this far so a few more days shouldn’t hurt. Any insight?

• Sgmom, suspecting this might be an allergic reaction to something you consumed during the cleanse sounds like a real possibility. Is there a naturopath doctor or healer where you live that you could visit? Your body’s reactions seem severe. I’m not a medical person but maybe doing 3 more days isn’t the best way to get the results you want. Green juice is a good way to cleanse as well. You can go to juicefeasting.com and get a wealth of info for free without buying a membership. You could get some recipes for juices. I’m not trying to convert you, I just really think you should see someone before you do anything. Sending you healing energy,

Carrie, the not being able to sleep thing is curious. Maybe tonight you could try calming yourself before bed. Remove yourself from overstimulating things like TV, the computer, maybe take a warm bath and/ or drink some chamomile tea before bed. I hope you get some good sleep tonight!
    yammy

Thanks Yammy! Is Chamomile okay on this cleanse? Maybe i’ll try another hot cup of the mint tea before bed… i cut back on the cayenne intake for the past few days because it was making me feel sick… other than that, everything else was normal. Even today, i don’t feel tired. I really hope i sleep tonight :)

Does anyone know what will help chills and a headache while on the cleanse? My husband is having this and i just don’t know what to tell him. He loves coffee, so i’m thinking it’s just a caffeine headache, but i’m not sure about the chills – even after sitting infront of the fire and taking a hot shower!

Thanks everyone!

• I’m not sure if chamomile is OK on the cleanse or not since I am juicing, but mint before bed will be too stimulating. I don’t think it will hurt since it is a soothing herb. The chills and the headache are more than likely detox symptoms. You could always have him try the lemonade hot. It should be better by tomorrow. Good luck and sleep to you both!

Thanks Yammy :) I told him it was detox symptoms. He seems to be doing better today. I’m on day 7 – which is usually the day from he**.... but, since i started off rough, i hope i bypass day 7! I did sleep thankfully, but not quite enough since we had to set our clocks ahead. Oh well, there’s always tonight! Thank you!

• Thanks Yammy! I was reading that if you fast and have an existing condition, the fast can actually exasperate it. Now I am wondering if my very mild exzema flared up? I think I am going to do a water only fast for 3 days and then go to green juice for 7 and see what happens.

Carrie- I read in an ammended master cleanse book that chamomile was ok to drink in limited quantities. I had a couple of sleepless nights too. I just read through the night.

Thanks, sgmom! I couldn’t see where it would be bad, but I stuck with the mint earlier in the evening and I had my last glass of Lemonade around 7 instead of 9… i was hungry but atleast i slept! Lets see what happens tonight ;)

• Cool! I’m glad that things are looking up for you both. I had a rough day of intense cravings yesterday and I almost gave in. I came up with a juice with lots of flavors in it and drank it from a bowl with a spoon. That really helped. So, on day 8 I’m plugging along. We’ll see if I can do 30 days. The weight is melting off! Good incentive to stick with it. Wellness to you!

Yammy- what exactly are you doing? I’ve been thinking about doing a regular fruit/veggie juice next time. It sounds like that’s what your doing?

I am feeling so great. I seriously want to go ahead and do more days on this, but i have so many prior commitments that i based around when i would end this cleanse. As it is, we have a bday party to go to Friday night and my husband and I can only drink OJ :) Next time i do this (or another type of cleanse), i will clear my calendar and not schedule anything for atleast 10 days after the end of my cleanse. Feeling this good, i think i could go 20+ days. I was disappointed yesterday morning. It was my 6th day and i had only lost 4 pounds so far…i seriously need to lose a lot more than that… only about 20-25, but i’ve been trying for a long time and not exactly sure why it’s not coming off… that’s a whole other issue though :) Anyway, i’d be curious to know what you are doing…

• Wow Carrie- I can’t believe you actually WANT to do this longer. If you can do it, I say go for it. I wish I would have gone longer but just on water. I think my body needed it. Also, I really started losing at the end of the cleanse so give it time OR cut back on the maple syrup or switch to agave. I never drank the maple syrup. I have only gained back one of the 20 pounds thus far…fingers crossed. Both you guys keep up the good work.

• So I just finished and I am on the the transition day of orange juice. Let me tell you, OJ has never tasted so good!! To be honest, yesterday was the worst day for me. Pretty much throughout the MC, I didn

• WTG Renoir! I knew you would finish. If you think the OJ was good, just wait to til tomorrow when u taste that soup broth! Congratulations!

• Hey Carrie, I am juicefeasting, it means you drink at least 4qts/1gal of juice per day. It requires 1 head of celery and 2lbs of greens juiced and then whatever other things you want fruit or veggies. I’m part of the Global juice feast that began on March 1, 2008. You can go to either website juicefeasting.com or globaljuicefeast.com and get a lot of useful information for free. Today is day 9 and I am wanting more green juice and less fruit and I never thought that would happen! I am actually finding the taste delicious. All that juice is nourishing my body while cleansing so I am releasing weight like crazy! This process is working for me.

Good job Renoir!

Thanks sgmom! I wish i could go longer, but unfortunately, we planned things :( I haven’t gotten on the scale since day 6 and I don’t plan to until the end of OJ day #2! I’m too afraid to see nothing! Good for you for losing 20 – that’s awesome! On my first cleanse, i gained back 3 of the 11 i lost. On my 2nd cleanse, i gained back most of it because my body was in withdrawl and i gave in to my temptations as soon as the cleanse was over – and i wasn’t eating raw at the time! This time, i’m feeling fabulous but craving everything on earth – but, good things :) I cannot wait to have a salad with tons of sprouts and red pepper dressing! Yum!!!!

Yammy – thanks for the link! This is great – i’ll check this out and bookmark the link for next time. I think i will give it a try and see if my body reacts differently. I think i’d like it because you can change it up a little bit… I could see where you were craving the greens more than the fruit… That’s awesome that your doing it. Good luck to you!

End of day 8 for me and I cannot wait til tomorrow. The closer i get to the end, the more excited i get! I cannot wait to have some OJ!!! I’m not doing the soup at the end of day 2, i’m going to follow the diet for people who eat raw or vegetarian… on 2nd day, you have fruit for lunch and salad for dinner (or something like that)... I’ve had the soup before and i indulged too much on the first night :) So, i’ll try it the other way this time! Works out well since we have a confirmation party on Saturday – i get to eat fruit and veggies!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Yesterday I got the idea to try a MC. I never have before. I’ve been 100% raw for 6 weeks now and feel great. I was veg/vegan for 15 prior, so it wasn’t a huge change. I want to go back to raw afterward and feel like I started out with a clean slate. Also, I would like to lose a couple of very stubborn pounds. I am going to buy the book today and would like advice from experienced MCers.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Yesterday I got the idea to try a MC. I never have before. I’ve been 100% raw for 6 weeks now. I was veg/vegan for 15 prior, so it wasn’t a huge change. I want to go back to raw afterward and feel like I started out with a clean slate. Also, I would like to lose a couple of very stubborn pounds. I am going to buy the book today and would like advice from experienced MCers.

• Carrie- Isn’t this your last day? How do you feel?