Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What are you eating

edited December 2010 in New to Raw

I thought since we are all new here that it would be good to keep track of what we are eating for at least a week and help one another out with ideas and encouragement. If no one else is interested no problem I’ll delete the post. I thought it might be good to start after Easter or some of you might want to start this Easter Sunday to help one another out.

I can start so far this

morning: I had a slice of whole wheat toast (I know it’s not RAW) with avacado smeared on it with a carrot, strawberry, and banana smoothie.

Let’s here from our mentors out there – what a menu for a week might look like for you.

Comments

• This is a fabulous idea for a topic! I am heading away from the computer for a day, so I thought I’d post links to a couple similar conversations to get the ball rolling:

Myself, I love to start the day with a green smoothie of some sort.

• This is a great topic. I’ll start Monday.

• Sorry that was me. I did not know that my sister was still loged in. Hehehe!!

• Count me in!

• I’ll see everyone on Monday. I went to the dollar store and bought a special notebook to keep track. Happy Holidays everyone!

• yip i’m in

• ok, I will also join – Easter Monday it is

• i’m 2 plus weeks into eating raw and i’ve been blogging what i eat everyday at heartshapedsky.vox.com. come join me and blog what you eat on vox! it’s really easy and i love to hear what and how much people are eating! so fun!

xoxo ami

• Here we go!

I have a hard time with water, but I know I should start my day with it. It took me until noon to down 2 glasses of water (needless to say I got some work to do there).

Breakfast/Noon – 2 glasses of water; green smoothie and a tomato, spinach, avacado spread on a tortillia.

Late lunch – Big salad with that yummy tomato dressing (listed on site) and apple pie w/icecream (not raw).

Dinner will be fruits and an avacado bc I work tonight.

I’m going to try for a complete raw day tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

• woke up late this morning…slept through my first class (gasp!)

9:30 am drank water, soon after ate a cantaloupe 11:00 am ate 6 figs 12:00 pm ate a braeburn apple 1:00 pm drank some water! 1:30 pm ate an avocado

• Big glass of water with some lemon first thing. About an hour after that one cup of black coffee. Breakfast was a bowl of grawnola (recipe is here on gone raw… I love this stuff) with homemade sunflower-seed milk. I don’t really like the sunflower-seed milk that much, it turned out kind of bitter. But I was out of almonds. A little while ago I drank 32 ounces of water, and in about half an hour I’m going out to lunch with my gramma and I’ll get a BIG green salad with tons of veggies and sprouts at a local organic restaurant here in town.

• jenergy, is that like a cereal?

• I always start the day with a pint of cold water. After my workout (Leslie Sansone’s—nothing high impact) I have 1 – 2 pints of green juice.

For lunch today I had a portobello mushroom with avocado and tomato on top, and 2 apples.

Right now for dinner I’m having some courgette slices and a poblano pepper slathered with pianissima’s “Red Fennel Sausage Guacamole” (which is on this site) and a pint of beetroot, spinach, pineapple, celery, lemon and ginger juice! Yum!

• Sunday 3/23 – I spend the whole day in airports and on buses. So, I only had: 1 fruit smoothie (fresh squeezed oj, frozen bananas, mango, blueberries) 2 garden salads topped with carrots/tomatoes, no dressing 2 apples with 2 Tbsp cashew butter

• day 78- 24 march 8am: nettle and mint tea 32oz water 2pm: 2 apples, 1tsp honey water 4pm: green smoothie with water, live greens, alfalfa and broccoli sprouts, 2 bananas, 1 orange, 1 mango, 1/2 a lemon, tsp honey 6pm: cacao latte with almond milk, 1 banana, tbsp cacao, tbsp cinnamon, tbsp maca, tbsp carob, tsp honey 7pm: 1 avocado, tomatoes, tbsp tahini, handful mixed sprouts, 2 spring onions, salt, pepper, tsp triple blend seaweed flakes, pinch korma seasoning wrappped in flat lettuce leaves. 9pm: red seeded grapes….not the best idea ever 11pm: yogi tea- women’s energy, slice of lemon

• 3/24 – Smoothie (banana, strawberries, water), cantelope, salad, 2 dates, 1 cup mushrooms 1 cup carrots with pine nut/cucumber Tzatziki sauce (recipe at goneraw), salad with olive oil dressing, orange, 3 cups watermelon

• EnjoyRaw, yeah it’s like a crispy breakfast cereal (depending on how long you dehydrate it). Here’s the link to the recipe: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/688-Grawnola- Yummy stuff! :o)

• Okay, it’s Tuesday 25/3.. for brekkie I had the usual green juice (apples, cucumber, celery, spinach, lime, ginger) Lunchtime I had another glass of said juice, a bowl of yummy “easy cream of mushroom soup” (found on this site) and some courgette slices. Dinner will be a green smoothie (avocado, apple, spinach, celery, spirulina & flax seed) and a grape and avcoado salad I found here also. As you can see, I rely heavily on this site for menu ideas :-)

• I’ll start keeping track today – everyone’s posts are making my mouth water! :)

• OldDog- That grape and avocado salad is what got me started on the raw diet in the first place! Surfing the web, I came across that recipe on goneraw and took my first baby step toward becoming rawesome.

• 3/25 – Breakfast grapes, banana, orange and the tip of a piece of Mexican sweet bread (not raw)

Snack – green smoothie

After run snack – banana

Dinner – avacado grapes salad which was devine (I added chopped apples)

Late dinner – Buffalo wings (not raw) w/ avacado and blue cheese dressing – sorry folks – I wanted protein real bad! Needless to say, a lite day tommorrow.

Ques: Is spirulina a green?

• today, tuesday: 2 mugs of nettle and mint tea, 28 oz water green smoothie with live greens, 1 apple, 1 blood orange, 2 bananas, heaped tbsp ground flax seeds, water, squeeze lemon, tsp honey 1 date 1 brazil nut 2 apples, goji berries tbsp pumpkin seeds 16 oz water red seeded grapes, 5 clementines handful macadamias green smoothie with 1 head romaine, handful mint leaves, alfalfa&broccoli sprouts, 1 pear, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1 passion fruit, tbsp hemp seeds, water

• 3/25: -breakfast: 1 grapefruit snack: 1 c. watermelon -lunch: 1 c. lettuce, 1 apple, 2 dates snack: 1 orange snack 2: 4 cups swiss chard/pineapple/banana smoothie in vitamix -dinner: 2 cups lettuce, 1 avocado, topped with lime and olive oil 3 stalks celery with nut butter and raisins (ants on a log!) snack: fresh squeezed orange juice water

• Today 3/25: 8am – 32 oz. water. 9am – 1/2 cup macadamia butter with cinnamon and lime juice. 10am – 24 oz. water. 11am – 2 zucchinis with alfredo and marinara. noon – 24 oz. water. 1pm – salad: 6 cups romaine, 1 tomato, 1 huge avocado mashed up with sea salt, 2 green onions, 1 bunch cilantro, lime juice. 2:30pm – 20 oz. water. 3:30pm – 1/2 cup macadamia butter with cinnamon and lime juice (I was in a hurry, and it was easy). 4:30pm – 16 oz. water. 5:30pm – salad: 8 cups Spring Mix, 1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 avocado and creamy garlic dressing (pine nuts, olive oil, sea salt, garlic and water). 7:30pm – 1 cup green juice: cucumber, celery, parsley, ginger and lime.

• 3/26 – Breakfast – grapes and an orange, green tea and 2 cups of water

Lunch – 2 Bananas, and orange, avacado salad w/ apples instead of grapes (ate the grapes this morning)

Dinner – oranges, bananas, cookie (not raw), a small portion of a refried bean tort (not raw)

• Angie – You’re eating so healthy, it’s wonderful! It sounds like you’re drinking plenty of water too. Macadamia butter sounds great. Where do you buy it? My menu: 3/26 – 8am,green smoothie (1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup spinach, 1 orange), 10am 3 oranges blended with ice in vitamix, 1pm 10 ants on a log, 1 pear, 5pm rejuvelac 8pm carrot/celery/almondmeal pate with sunflower seed crackers 8pm almond nut mylk with banana and vanilla

• Today i started off with a green smoothie. then about a hour later i tried to make a cacao smoothie..didnt come out good so i threw it away… them i had one of those Glaser farms fruit pies ” mamey and mango” mmm…. and now im drinking water…... thats it so far and it’s 1:09pm i think i might have some fresh coconut water and a avocado in a couple of hours…. :)

• 7:15am: two nori rolls (two full sheets) and 1TBS almond butter, 1TBS agave and 1 1/2 TBS coconut oil

9:30am: 1/2 c. cashews

10:45am: 1 lg red pepper and 2/3 cup black-eyed peas(not raw), 1TBS red star yeast, and herbs for flavor

1pm: 1 banana

3pm: 1 plum and a lara bar

6pm: 4 lettuce leaves stuffed w/ spanish rice recipe from this site

This is only my first week raw, and I am eating way too much. It’s crazy though—I’m hungry all the time and all I think about now is food….

Yikes.