Raw Organic Green Powders

MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have been enjoying green smoothies lately. I have been reading that smoothies should be 60% greens and 40% fruits. I want more greens than fruits in my diet anyway.

I know we are coming up on the summer vegetable seasons, but I would like to find a raw, organic, green powder, not necessarily with protein in it, that I can add to my smoothies to up the green content as I can often only find organic fruits. I don’t necessarily need one that has protein powder as I am investing in some hemp protein powder, which really seems to help with my meat cravings.

Thanks.

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I like the list of superfoods and supplements provided by the JuiceFeast people: http://www.juicefeasting.com/JuiceFeastingIntro…

They list a few options for “greens” and provide pretty detailed info on the benefits and how to use them. It also gives you insight into some other superfoods that you might like to know about.

• I use a raw, organic powder called “Field of Greens.” You can definitely buy it at Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe. I like it a lot.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I love using a green powder called “perfect food” but I am unsure if it’s raw. It’s so powerful it gives me a boost like caffeine. If anyone knows if it’s raw I’d love to know

• drcowan039sgdrcowan039sg Raw Newbie

Dr. Cowan's Garden is a line of nutritionally powerful organic green powders. Apart from they are offerning the quality vegetatble powders: kale, chard, leek and root/leaf/fruit blends.

ClaireT