Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bullet Blender

kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I’ve been curious about these little blenders. I’d love to hear some feedback from any owner/users of this little device!

I already own a small chopper, a vitamix and a stick blender. I’m not sure if this would be worth having on top of everything else, lol

Comments

• suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

I’m a poor student and can’t afford a chopper, a vitamix, and a stick blender, so I’ve just got my magic bullet. It’s pretty handy for blending up single servings of smoothies, and it has a flat blade that does a pretty nice job on seeds (I used to use it as a coffee grinder, too). I also appreciate that the whole unit is small enough and light enough that I can just pick it up and shake it while it blends to loosen up thicker things stuck to the walls and throw them back on the blade (I suppose all that shaking isn’t great for the motor, but it’s held up so far!). Anyway, it seems like with all the equipment you’ve already got, this little guy won’t do much for you, unless you’re specifically looking for something small and convenient, say for traveling maybe. But for someone who can only afford a single appliance, or who has a kitchen too small to turn around in, it’s a pretty good solution :)

• To tell the absolute truth, I use my magic bullet more than my other blender/mixer/choppers (got it for mom’s day as a gag cause my girls LOVE the info mercial and my hubby got a kick out of them watch it). It is just what suzyq said, I highly recommend it. BTW suzyq, I shake mine relentlessly lol, and there has been no effect.

• I LOVE my magic bullet. My old blender was such a hassle to lug around and clean out that I never bothered making smoothies, and I had nowhere to put the stupid thing, since I live in an apartment. Like suzyq said, they’re perfect for single smoothies. I am a lazy person, and I love throwing the cups in the sink instead of washing one big thing between every single use. My only criticism is that when I blend nuts or ice or keep it on a little longer than usual, I can smell the motor working, but so far it’s been up to everything.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

I have a magic bullet. It is decent, when you want to make portion size meals. I use it to grind flax seeds and cacao nibs, but it does take a little bit of time and u have to take it off bang it on your hand for the cacao clumpage, and blend it again.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

It seems great for making small amounts of things like sauces-that way there’s less wastage. Unless you’re a gadget man, I wouldn’t bother with all the other kitchen equipment you’ve got.

• I have the tribest personal blender and I love it. My parents have one too. I love that they make a sip-cup (looks like a to-go coffee cup lid) lid for them. SUPER easy to clean, takes up no room, and is powerful. I make raw soups with it too.

• I have a magic bullet, in addition to a full size fp, coffee grinder, and blender. I LOVE my bullet! Same reasons as everyone else, I guess; minimal space and cleanup. I use it for dressings, dips, smoothies. Even with the other equipment I have, the bullet definitely has it’s place. I certainly survived before i bought it, but it makes it much easier to be raw and avoid milkshakes and other prepared dressings, etc. It gives me no excuses. It’s just too easy to throw stuff in and blend. So fast!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I like my magic bullet. It’s good for the small dressings. And, for grinding flax. I use it all the time instead of my coffee grinder. I never use the juicer portion of it. And the cups with handles it comes with, I put my vita-mixed/blendtec-ed smoothie in there. It would be perfect if the containers were graduated.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

so, lovely people that own a magic bullet, which one should i buy to travel with? amazon sells a 17, 20 or 22 piece sets… opinions, experiences or thoughts? thanks bunches!

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

i have and love the original magic bullet,i use it every day.you may want to get the new “platinum pro” magic bullet…the motor is supposed to be 40% more powerful than the original…......just checked the website,www.magicbulletplatinumpro.com...oh, no!..i want the new one !!!!!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I got one at Macy’s that has the same power, but is made by Bellisma it was on.ly $29. Since I have every appliance known to man, I wasn’t sure I’d use it so I got the cheaper one. I use it daily!! It doesn’t grind ice as well as my big blender, but it’s easy to clean and i can drink out of the blending cups, so it’s a good trade.

• But can the Magic Bullet do green drinks & smoothies? It looks so tiny.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

it can do ANYTHING! definitely my most used appliance, cuz it’s so easy to clean.

• That sounds great! I was thinking of getting a vitamix, but I am on a tight budget…. maybe the bullet would work out. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… something to consider. Thanks!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

thank you for the info! pianissima, which do you own exactly?

• I use my bullet all the time although primarily for small batches of pate, sauces, and dressings.

I would not recommend it for nut butters or frozen smoothies. The motor burns out rather quickly and takes a LONG time to um, reboot/cool off which can be super frustrating if it’s your only tool.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I have a Tribest Personal Blender and I love it. I use it for sauces and dressings, small batches of things, and to grind flax seed, spices, and other seeds. It doesn’t get hot and shut off. It’s not powerful enough to make nut milk or green smoothies, but it works beautifully for the other stuff.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I don’t own one, but I’ve used my friends. I love that little thing. I eat most of my food whole so I don’t do smoothies, but sometimes I want some date syrup or a sauce and that thing is PERFECT for it. It quite frankly is just FUN to use! :-). Love the clean-up, too.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

It was hard for me to make a decision as to the bullet or tribest because they both had attractive features. I tried my sons bullet and liked it but it leaked some. I finally decided on the tribest because of the ability to use narrow mouth mason jars (I use a 12 oz. jar, I don’t know if you can use larger ones) when blending (available on the newer models and with an adapter on older models). I brought it with me on vacation and was very pleased with it.

I always use mason jars to drink from and store in and when I use the tribest it cuts down on one level of clean up. I also have a vitamix, blendtec, food processor, and other assorted goodies. I am definitely a gadget person even though I rarely do anything but make green smoothies and salads. But it sure is nice to know I have the ability to do just about anything!

• can the magic bullet replace a food processor? example: can it blend nuts & dates together to make pie crust?

• thomaskthomask Raw Newbie

I did some juicing with a $30 dollar Juicer I bought at Meijer. My wife decided to do Dr. Ian's Smoothie and shake diet so I bought the Nutri Bullet. I do know people who have to replace parts for the Magic Bullet.

ClaireT