Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello, Everyone!

15678911»

Comments

• Hi everyone! :-)

I've been a raw foodist for nearly 4 years now; anywhere from 50% to 100% raw at different times.

Glad to be joining you! Hope to make many great friends here! :-)

• Hello to everyone in this Rawesome community ; )

My name is Rachel. I went vegan when I was 16, but didn't know how to supplement and became anemic ~ so I reintroduced Fish & some poultry back into my diet.

I am now 24, about 80% RAW and "doing things my own way" & by that, I mean I am not Strict on myself (thats the only way I can make this work!). So if I eat a bad food item one day, I don't let it bring me to the dark side, I just think its OK its just a little battle, I will win the war. (Can you tell I am an extremist / perfectionist type?).

My husband & I struggle with the Vegan Raw Food Diet, to be honest. For him its more of the meat, and for me I think its because we still drink alcohol & smoke sometimes. Only Wine, or a local beer; and its not like we smoke any chemicals, god forbid. But I think those indulgences tax my body till where it needs 'bulkier' foods or something. SO I try to only drink a glass or two of wine on special occasions and I am considering vaporizing.

I still subsist on Turkey/Chicken Bone Broth ~ I feed my cats a 90% Raw food diet and I have LOTS of leftover poultry bones to make homemade broth. And I still eat HONEY. but I have cut down on EGGS a lot, which I used to eat ALOT instead of meat.

I FEEL BEST while on a Clean Raw Food Vegan Diet. I look to Brendan Brazier as inspiration (I re-read his books all the time) because it was when I was reading the THRIVE DIET while I was working at a gym (working out/ teaching fitness class @ least 4 hours every day) that it clicked ~ I could have my Vegan Cake & Eat it too! (I could expend high levels of energy by teaching exercise classes, and STILL BE FUELED VEGAN!!!).

• Hello! I'm Lili, I'm from all over but currently living in Kansas, USA, and glad to be here :) Honestly I've had the absolute worst eating habits most of my life. I've tried every diet known to man EXCEPT the Raw diet. LOL.

I cut out meats and dairy 2 weeks ago, and am giving myself a few months to ease into Raw. So far, and I know it's only been 2 weeks so call me crazy if you will, but I feel absolutely amazing! I actually feel sick when I cheat and have bread. Yet I'm dumb, or conditioned..yeah, let's go with that one.. to eat that way. 40 years of eating bread is a habit well ingrained. No pun intended. :)

So, I am really looking forward to digging in and finding new recipes, techniques, support, and anything else I can learn from you seasoned professionals.

Thanks for having me :)

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Hi, I’m and I’m 17. I wanted to go raw because I found it to be the healthiest route for me. My whole family is overweight or has health issue and I didn’t want to go in that direction. I saw many before and after pictures of people who went raw and most of them were just happy and they all seemed really excited about life, and I wanted to be excited about life too. No one in my family is raw vegan, vegan, or even vegetarian…so I have to make meal for myself most of the time. I started off just wanting to be healthy. So I started off being vegan and then I stumbled across jinjee and storm’s website and that’s where I learn about being raw vegan…so I did the research and looked into the pros and cons of being raw vegan and decided that for me it was the healthiest way to go, and I’m glad I did it. Maybe when my family sees how healthy I’m going to become they will start to ask questions. I want them to be healthy too.

• You can pull it off (without too many questions, and the questions will be positive) if you project that you are extremely comfortable with your lifestyle--and that you can understand why "they" are uncomfortable since they know little about it and new things can be scary.

Decline to debate until they have read enough to know how much they do not know (find a nice, non threatening way to do this subject, then give them or refer them to an intro book on the subject.

I was 100% raw in '77 for 2 1/2 years at a time when "nobody" was...and no one was aggressive about it because I was obviously in superhuman shape.