Acid Reflux - Trying to help a non-raw friend

My friend who has suffered from acid reflux and upset stomach “for years” is asking me to take her to coach her through better grocery choices. Yay! She knows I eat raw and hears me espouse its benefits, and has been encouraged by some of my dietary tendencies that have worked for her (like drinking kombucha). I was thinking about recommending green smoothies and vitamineral green to help her stomach, but, being someone who has always had a hardy stomach, I’m not sure if these are the most effective changes she can make to feeling better.

Any former stomach-acid-problem-sufferers here have any experiences with what works best for acid reflux and heart burn??

Thanks!

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Drinking green smoothies will change the acid levels in stomach. My acid levels did change for the better… they became more acidic… which is what you want. :o) But, once you stop green smoothies your stomach ‘juices’ become less acidic.

A warm glass of water 15 minutes before eating helps too… I think it’s because it gets the juices flowing… I can’t remember. But, it certainly helps the digestion process.

• Great, thanks. I thought I had heard that the problem is—not intuitively— a lack of acid, but I couldn’t find where I had learned that, so good to hear.

Warm water is a good trick.