Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

VEGA shakes, bars, and smoothies

Does anyone know if the VEGA shakes, bars, or smoothie infusions are really raw? It’s advertised as such, but I’m skeptical about a couple ingredients(such as the hemp which I heard isn’t truly raw in the US.)

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Personally, I find the VEGA shakes gross, and can’t imagine the other products being any good. Sorry if I just insulted you taste! Not much help about it being raw, but if you haven’t tried it yet, I wouldn’t bother!!!

Ruth’s hemp protien powder is raw though.

• I agree with Luna, the ones I’ve tried I did not enjoy.

• Luna and Benny,

Thanks, you guys saved me a bunch of cash, however, I still have a question about the rawness of hemp in the states. I thought it had to be heated to the point where it could no longer germinate in order to be sold here. Is the raw hemp powder getting a loophole in the law or have things changed in recent years?

• I have a huge VEGA shake container in my fridge and used about 2 servings of it. Personally I cannot stomach the taste. I’m not 100% sure but I think there are some synthetic vitamins/minerals in it which would make it not all raw. Have you ever tried it Justine?

• No. I wanted to know more about it before buying a big container of it. Thanks for the reviews!