How to gain weight on raw foods

I am 5'11, 140 pounds, 21 years old. I used to weigh 155 pounds and went to the gym almost everyday. I was on the SAD diet. Then I quit taking protein shakes and going to the gym and I lost a bunch of weight. I have been trying the raw food diet for about a month but I haven't been 100 percent. I haven't lost any weight. But now I want to start gaining weight again, how do I do that on a raw food diet? I want to get to at least 160.

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Eat some avocados, nuts and seeds, and use olive oil on your salads. They are very healthy for you, but have more calories and fat than other raw foods. I you don't want to eat nuts or seeds just plain, you can make a lot of different things with them, like raw cookies, granola, etc.

You can also add hemp seeds or chia seeds to your smoothies, as it will add their nutritional content.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Well I made a batch of raw brownies yesterday and eat the ENTIRE thing! So I'm pretty sure that would make you gain weight!

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Fruits are the most natural way to go IMO.

Bananas and grapes are an easy and cheap way to do it, and you can make smoothies out of them.

1 banana = 90 cals and 1lbs of seedless grapes = 330 cals.

do eat 3 pounds of grapes - i can eat 2lbs in one sitting

and eat 10 bananas and you are up to around 2000 cals.

Mix them in a smoothie, probably two smoothies, with some cacao , berries and seeds, and this number can be closer to 2500-3000 !!!!

This is something i need to do to bet back on track lol

good luck!!!