Dehydrating cherries?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

When buying dehydrated fruit, I never see dehydrated cherries to choose from. That should have been my first clue when attempting to dehydrate cherries yesterday. Well, after a couple hours the warm cherry was pleasant to eat… it just burst with flavor in my mouth. But, they also looked oxidized (brown)... and didn’t seem like they would dehydrate well. So, I took them out and ate them. The little time they spent in the dehydrator made them a bit more flavorful.

Has anyone dehydrated cherries before? Is this possible? Suggestions? Please don’t tell me you had to peel them. :o)

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Hi germin8, i dehydrted cherries and they are not pretty…i have seen them in stores but from their pretty red color im assuming htere is some evil preservative on them. i even spritzed mine with lemon juice they are still brown, but lemony flavored!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I haven’t dehydrated cherries myself, but have gotten them at our farmers’ market. They’re pretty dark black/brown and taste delicious.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I was dehydrating Rainier Cherries… so they look very oxidized because of their light color.

I thought of putting lemon or pineapple juice on them to preserve next time… but, it doesn’t sounds like either would help.

Thanks!