Traveling this weekend + staying raw = yikes!

I am taking my first trip out of town this weekend to go to the lake with my friend and her family. I have been totally raw for a couple of weeks now and I am scared that this weekend is going to be really tough. We are leaving Saturday morning and driving back Sunday night. I plan to make an extra large green juice Saturday morning and pack as many veggies and fruits for the two day trip. What do all of you do when traveling? Are there any good raw granola-type bars that I can buy to pack as extra snacks? (I heard Lara bars were raw but now I am reading that they are not). I am going to be surrounded by 15 people who think donuts mean breakfast and orange soda comes from fruit. I guess I am stressing over messing up everything that has been so great in just two short days.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

whitney23~ YOU are on the right track by packing as much as you can... Just take a large cooler filled with your delights and have a good time...

One word of warning, don't make a deal out of meals as you might get your feelings hurt... The SAD eaters try to make you feel inadequate with all their crazy questions, like... Where do you get your protein, why are you eating this way, etc... Then they usuall smirk or laugh... Be polite and eat anything they offer you that is raw and make them think you are enjoying their other offerings, if needed... .

One way to prevent all the questions is to say... YOU wont believe how many food allergies I have... I just want to enjoy myself and avoid the ER.... smile

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

i can think of a few things like bring with you like avocardo and whatknot to make guacamole and pack some carrots and celery to go with ((^_^))

making your own granola-type bars, im sure there are recipes here

dried fruit and nuts or making a yummy trail mix

making zoes cheese with spring onions, another dip

oh thats all i got!!!~~~

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Just take as much as you can with you, lots of fruit, trail mix, crackers/breads, dips, etc.

If you go out to eat, just pick something simple off the menu and most importantly, don't beat yourself up if you do eat some cooked food as you know once the trip is over, you'll be happy to get back to raw.

I agree with waterbaby, try not to make a big deal out of things, it helps to play things down sometimes.

Good luck and have a fun time!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I would try to bring some higher-calorie fruits like dates and bananas.