Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What do you take with you on trips?

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I am spending a long weekend with my non vegan/raw family in just a few days. With unfortunately little time to prep, any advice on good food to pack with me? For starters, I’ve been eyeing the recipes in travel and am thinking of bringing along some granola and almond milk.

Comments

• shannonmarieshannonmarie Raw Newbie

Oh course, you have to bring your cookies. Also, bring along some trail mix and fresh fruit and veggies. You can even make some protein bars out of nut butter, ground flaxseeds, agave and dried fruit.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

you have to bring your cookies

That’s right – the lemon cookies. We ate them so quickly I almost forgot about them!

Luckily, I’ve found out that one dinner is going to be taco night, which is pretty easy. I just pack a couple lettuce leaves and some walnut taco meat.

One meal and a couple snacks down…:)

• While this suggestion might not work for you for this trip, please keep it in mind for other trips. Phi Plus is the healthiest food in the world. It is a synergistic combination of all natural whole food ingredients including nuts, seeds, grains, fruits, vegetables, berries, herbs, oils, & spices. It is specifically designed to support and enhance all seven body systems. Western medicine calls these 7 centers of the body NervePlexi and their attendant Neuro-endocrine glands. This pure raw food is a delicious snack and a superb meal replacement. Eat your way to “inner balance”, health, and closer to your Healthy Weight.

Dates, Rolled Oats, Thompson Raisins, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Almonds, Cashews, Hazel Nuts, Pecans, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Prunes, Grape Seed Oil, Pure Salt, Figs, Raspberries, Walnut Oil, Brown Rice, Rice Bran, Kidney Beans, Beet Powder, Chick Pea Flour, Bananas, Peas, Orange, Flax Seed, Pumpkin Seeds, Blueberries, Millet, Rye, Barley, Oats, Corn, Quinoa, Nutritional Yeast, Cinnamon, Ginger, Clove, Aloe, Nutmeg, Lemon Oil, Orange Oil, Sweet Leaf Powder, and Coconut.

You can find out more information on this and other wonderful whole food products at my website. :http:BetterHealth4Me@wholefoodfarmacy.com

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Bananers,almonds, larabars, goji berries, kombucha!, stevia or stevia drops for your water, dried mango, oranges, tea, celery stuffed with dates. Make sure to bring some other stuff because you don’t want to be eatin just salad all the time.

• joyjoy

I feel a little uncomfortable mentioning this… buuuuut…

I see nothing on the Whole Food Farmacy site to indicate that their products are raw. I am very new to raw foods myself. Hleva, some of the ingredients you’ve listed are not raw by the very nature of the processing required to produce them. At least that is my understanding but, as I mentioned, I am very new to this and I’m also new here. I wasn’t sure if I should even mention this, and I hope I haven’t broken any rules or anything.

• daisygirldaisygirl Raw Newbie

I usually bring a bag of chopped veggies, some sunny pate, and some dried nori sheets for a satisfying meal when I have to work 12 hours at the hospital. It’s quite portable (my lunch bag is huge compared to everyone elses!) I just assemble it all before I eat it, roll it up,and cut it in half- people look at me a little funny, but it’s worth it for such yummy wraps.

• Hi Joy,

In my post about Phi Plus above, the first paragraph second to last sentence, states that it is a raw food. Our food products are dried in a process of lyophillization, in sublimated water vapor. In other words, the raw ingredients are placed into a special chamber where the temperature and pressure are lowered simultaneously. This equipment is calibrated so that as the pressure reaches a vacuum, the temperature reaches the freezing point (32 degrees F). At this point the moisture in the foods begins to solidify as ice, but in a vacuum ice can not form, rather as the ice begins to from it evaporates into water vapor. With this process, enzymes, nutrition, shape, and flavor are retained –if you look at one of our dried peas, for example, you’ll notice that the shape, color, and flavor are retained – this is an outward sign that no significant inward changes have taken place and this is why the enzymes, and other nutritional components are retained – raw foods that are dried through the process of lyophillization can also be considered raw after they have been dried – the only thing removed is the water.

I hope I answered your question. I am glad you brought up the subject and welcome to raw foods. :)

Hi Joy:

I wasn’t sure if I should even mention this, and I hope I haven’t broken any rules or anything.

Oh definitely question everything. There aren’t rules here about what you can ask – we’re all in a process of learning more about vegan and raw foods!

Daisygirl: your rollup idea sounds great. And, I always seem to have nori on hand. What is sunny pate?

• daisygirldaisygirl Raw Newbie

Sunny pate is the same as the sunflower pate recipe posted here. I was using Nomi Shannon’s Raw Gourmet recipe (that’s what she calls it), and noticed it was similar, except with a few more things in it. Just some extra cumin and ginger. Delicious in a wrap!

I was using Nomi Shannon’s Raw Gourmet recipe (that’s what she calls it)

Oh, got it. I must have copied the name wrong, as the recipe actually is Nomi Shannon’s (she gave me permission to post).