Yesterday I expelled parasites.. eekk..

luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

So hey everybody,

how goes it.

I guess this is gross, but alas the gone raw forum are the only people that might understand. The first time something strange was passed was when I had wheatgrass for the second time, and commenced in getting sick, and out came not only the wheatgrass, but some other foreign things I couldn't quite identify. So time passes, a week or more.. We had spinach thyme soup Wednesday, and Stir-Raw with parsnip "rice" on Thursday, both were super tasty!! As well as the raw breakfast and lunch. Yesterday after dinner, it started. It lasted until this morning. Thankfully the universe knew I HAD to go to work today, so my body was very well behaved at work today. Luckily. But from last night around 7pm till 10am this morning, I had some serious BM's. Like I went to the bathroom At least 50 times between that time span. I also lost 5 pounds. Last night I looked, and it was looking really similar to what happened after the wheatgrass. So off on an online search I went. A few hours later that stumbled upon what most resembled it.. Parasites! Eeek! I'm happy, and freaked out, and wondering how many more of the little buggers are still inside me. It looks like definitely some "liver flukes" as well as another unidentified type, that some other people had the same kind of thing. I feel like raw is doing a great job, as i've only been about 85% raw for 3 months. It is truly insane how fast your body changes. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share. i know i know. GROSS!

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Have you gone to see you doctor? You might need to take some antibiotics. Losing 5lbs in one day is a lot, I hope that you are rehydrating because you could get sick if you are not. My suggestion is to make an appointment with your doctor ASAP.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

Wheat grass and parsnips make you expel parasites? Can anybody explain this for me? Thanks.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

AVL, I don't go to doctors. I would go to a naturopath, but i have no money, or insurance, and insurance doesn't cover naturopaths anyway. I stopped, after I had surgery twice and my condition was still as bad as it was when it began. When I read up, changed my diet, and started listening to my body, I was able to correct my problem and regained "normal" cells. This was 10 years ago. So yea. I don't think much of doctors. besides. I work retail. I sure as hell can't afford them. I would know if something is seriously wrong with my body. And it only occured for one day. today i was fine. so i am 99.9% sure i was just detoxing.

internettourist - i don't htink it was necessarily the wheatgrass or the parnips. I think my body was just ready and able to detox out some long held enemies because I was ready. I didn't have anything do to or anywhere to go all of friday evening till morning. My body knew that, and acted :) I actually feel pretty happy today. I don't know if it has anything to do with the parasites or not. but I think it's more about your body detoxing than any specific food per se. Unless you are allergic. But my fiancee told me we'd had parnips plenty of times before.. So yea. Yea! for detox. One last thing internettourist...I think I'm at that time of my raw food stage, my body has changed enough, and adapted that it senses the need to take it to the next level . My skin is almost healed, my weight is good for my height, and it seems my body actually has some extra energy to start taking care of internal issues i'm not even aware of. So as to explain what is happening, It is part of the raw food process. I'm sure this process is different for everyone, and so everyone is going to respond in a unique way.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

luxidivon,

The same thing happened to me! I had been raw for about a month and started to experience some bloating, stomach tenderness, flatulence, and constipation (all symptoms of several types of parasites). One day I had a lot of pumpkin seeds for a snack, and for dinner, 10 cups of watermelon. Next thing you know I'm detoxing throughout the night and those parasites (along with all the symptoms) went bye bye! :) Glad your body is doing so well in its self-healing.

• Do you have a link to the parasites you saw? I know it's gross, but I was thinking if you could provide the link or the search terms you used, that would help a lot of us who are wondering the same thing, and what to look for when these things happen... thanks!

Misty

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I have been 50/50 raw/cooked to 80/20. I have never seen anything like that come out of me. Wow! But yours came out after a couple of years being raw? My goodness. I think that is interesting. I am going to pose an evolution of the body question.

• HOLY COW!!! yes you must have been a little shocked to see these odd things come out, but congratulations! i did a bentonite/psyllium husk cleanse in feb of this year, and some weird stuff came out too, but i felt so relieved that they were out. people have no idea what parasites can do to a person's mood, behaviours and drives (appetite, specifically). I have been going through some deep depression lately and now that i'm starting to come out of it, and get my energy back i think its time for a detox, and a parasite cleanse. thanks for your post!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

internettourist - i've only been raw for 3 months... nowhere close to a year...but i was a very solid 80-90 raw, so i think that helped. I also did the master cleanse to start, and nothing exciting happened during that. This last week i've been less than that, and so i imagine my body has stopped the cleansing to keep up with the cooked/or processed food.

blooming lotus, i'm glad it was helpful.. Yea i felt better after it happened. I want to do a bentonite cleanse sometime...I imagine that would really do the trick. Have you been experiencing depression while raw? i am always curious about that. What percent raw have you been while depressed?