Dinner experiment

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

So I wanted to try to eat "normally" tonight with my family. I live on my own so it's easy for me to be raw. I had a pretty much raw meal, but had 2 slices of bread, one with Tofutti cream cheese and one with almond butter. For desert my mom had made raw brownies, so I had one piece. Then later on I have a large bowl of Golden Grahams cereal with some dark chocolate chips (I used to love to do that). And again a little later I had a single size serving of Bits & Bites. I felt really good as I was eating everything this evening. But now I am SO THIRSTY! Those Bits & Bites were really salty, and I'm not used to eating salted things anymore. I feel so full and bloated, and really disgusting. Usually after I meal if I feel full it goes away after 30 min because most of it is water content, but not this. It's been hours and I still feel gross. It's all strarch, sugar and salt. Yuk! I'm glad I don't eat like this anymore. I don't know how people do it all the time. And the worst part of it is that what I ate is not even considered junk food. It's actually what "normal" people eat all the time. I'm sorry, but I would much prefer a nice juicy melon watermelon anytime!

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I know the feeling AVL, last weekend I went out for lunch with my BF and had a veggie burger and chips, with mayo and ketchup on the side. I felt pretty yucky afterwards and was so full that even by 8pm that night I didn't feel hungry, when normally I've be starving. My poor body probably couldnt cope with the stodgyness of it all! Even though I'm not 100%, the cooked food I do eat is normally very healthy so tend to suffer when eating junk. I've kind of learnt not to give myself to hard a time though as it only makes things worse.

A couple of pub meals along the way are the least of my worries.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Yes, it took me a while to finally realize that all that junk food was just that...junk. I may have loved it, but it certainly didn't love me back.

Now beautiful fruits, they love me...they really love me! ;)

Swayze