Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Celebs?

Does anyone know of any celebrities are are raw foodists? I've heard that Alicia Silverstone and Alanis Morisette are but I don't know how true that it. It's quite a difference between being raw and stopping into Pure Food and Wine Take-Away in NYC (Alanis) once in awhile. Just curious!

Comments

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

I think that Alicia Silverstone is just vegan, not actually raw. I'm not sure about that though.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

The only confirmed ones that I know of are Woody Harrelson and Jason Mraz.

• kaitlinkaitlin Raw Jr. Leader

I know Alicia Silverstone has reviewed Renee Loux's live foods books (which are not entirely raw, just like the author's lifestyle). Silverstone also reviewed the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World book, so I'm thinking she's a vegan who is into live foods in one way or another as well.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Carol Alt - does she count as a celebrity?

• Tonya Kay!

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Demi Moore used to be apparently, but I read she stopped because she didn't want her kids to become obsessive with body image and eat what they want... : /

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Jason Mraz he talks about it in some interviews on youtube

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I love Jason Mraz! Woody Harrelson, Tobey Maguire is a strict vegan (won't allow people to even wear leather shoes or clothes into his home)... Alicia Silverstone is a Vegan, but not only raw. I know Beyonce and Robin Quivers (from Howard Stern) do the Master Cleanse, but I don't think either one are vegans. Kimora Lee Simmons did an episode of her show where she was trying to be more green and decided to dine out at a raw restaurant... I wish more Raw Vegans would come forward and show the world that it's not a "weird" way of life!!!

• I love that Jason Mraz is raw. It is just another reason to love him! I heard that he bought an avocado farm in Southern CA. I am so jealous.

Carrie -- I totally agree that more celebs need to come forward to show that eating raw isn't crazy. Maybe one day it will be the norm.

• I remember when Jason Mraz bought that farm Whitney. It was really close to where me and my boyfriend lived in San Diego County. So jealous! The agriculture in north SD county is fabulous! You can seriously grow just about anything if the wildlife doesn't get it first.

Mraz's Chocomole Recipe:

Note: This will make a huge bowl big enough for a family of four. You'll want to share this with friends.

Mash up 5 ripened avocados

Add 1 - 2 cups of chopped or blended dates

1 soft cup of raw cacao

1 easy cup of raw carob powder

1 tbsp. vanilla

Add a few long pours of agave nectar to sweeten to liking

Then add half cups of cocoa and keep adding until chocolate taste is right. Careful not to overdo it -- if you add too much, it can get bitter.

• i don't have twitter but my boyfriend said that jason mraz talks about being raw all the time on there! i love him!!!