Help! Strained/pulled or pinched neck muscle

luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Hi everybody,

i need some suggestions.. I woke up two days ago, and my neck was sore from sleeping wrong. I didn't think much of it. Well today is day two, and it seems to be getting worse. Give me some herbs I can use to ingest, or apply as a compress to help get some relief. I haven't caved on ibuproben or the others yet, and i really don't want to, but i'm not sure how much I can take of this. My mobility is getting worse where I could turn all the way to the left before, and now i can only turn about 1/2 - 3/4 quarters to both the left and right. It is on my right hand side, and is definitely tense in my right shoulder as well. Thanks in advance for any herb or other suggestions. One of our friends is a holistic chiropractor. Good idea or bad idea?

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I don't know if it's a good or bad idea...but this happens to me from time to time and it does go away on its own. If you have an ice pack, try that for a while too.

Light massage with Wood Lock oil (which can be found at well-stocked Asian markets or most places homeopathic/complementary medicinals are sold), or those sticky pain patches infused with Wood Lock oil called Salonpas, also give relief.

• I recently had a weird pinched nerve thing in my leg for two or three days, and I put a heating pad on it. Woke up the next morning and it was completely gone with out taking anything for it. Ice will make any swelling go down, which is really good for injuries, but heat will loosen things up which seems like you might need. Try it for a few hours and see how you feel.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

This sounds like exactly what I went through several years ago. A chiropractor brought me relief. Please go--they'll fix what's wrong with you, as opposed to just bringing down the swelling until it happens again.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Thanks everybody for the thoughts & suggestions. It is like day 4 and it's still not perfect yet. it's much better than it was. I did two things that seemed to help the most. Castor Oil soaked wool covered by a heated filled wrap for a few hours. And we have this lotion at work that has Peppermint, spearmint, lots of mint, all natural, and that actually helped the most! Whenever I had more pain, i used it, and it would go away. at least temporarily. I am seriously thinking about still hitting up our friend who is a chiropractor being that it's still not back to 100%. Is there anyway this is detox?? seems strange if it is.

p.s. i started oil pulling this week. did it monday, not tuesday, but again this morning. working my way up to 15-20 minutes. i'm interested to see the results.

Cheers!

Lux

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Hmmm... any chance the oil pulling is causing you to use neck muscles that are not used to being worked? Could be the cause of the neck trouble?

(Not saying anything against the oil pulling-- just that it may take a while for the muscles to get used to it, if that is the cause.)

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

i don't think so because it's only on my right side. And actually when i woke up that morning before i did the oil pulling it already hurt. It was definitely from sleeping wrong, or maybe lifting something wrong that took a few days to show up... hopefully my chiropractor friend will have some clue what's going on.. i put another heat pack on right now with more mint..it has a strange warm/cool feeling. thanks for your input pixx, it's always good to consider everything :)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Ahh... Oh well.

Good luck with it!

• dogsuponhotcatsdogsuponhotcats Raw Newbie

I did the exact same thing a few months ago.

What I did was obsessively apply sore-muscle goo on it (the kind that smells like menthol), take hot showers (I theorized it would "loosen" the muscles, can't say for sure if I'm right), massage it (pinsching motions) frequently, and tryyy to stretch it sloooowly and very gently.

It was hell for a few days, but after a week, it was mostly gone. I know what you're going through though, it's amazing how much we rely on our necks in day-to-day life (or maybe I'm just a giraffe).