Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Goat Cheese

Where do you buy raw goat cheese? I am interested in trying it but I can't find it anywhere. I have tried Whole Foods and Fresh Market--I am starting to wonder if it is there and I just can't find it. What brands are yummy?

Thanks!

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Depends on where you live. Some places, it is illegal to sell any raw dairy. Crazy? Yes!

Try looking here: http://www.realmilk.com/where2.html

(it's cow's milk & cheeses AND goat's milk & cheeses)

Bear in mind, none of the above is vegan. But since you asked... ;)

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I DO love some of the local goat cheese I find, however it is pasteurized but delicious and otherwise not much processed. I can buy raw goats milk from the same farm when I am lucky(raw dairy being legal in most of CT). I find more raw sheep or cow cheese locally than goat, but it just might be the market and I don't like tarter cheeses.

Check out localharvest website for local places near you, its a good resource for local markets/farms anyways and from there you might be able to make the connection to raw goats' cheese(or milk to make your own).

• ive had from whole foods before, and trader joes, and random health food stores.

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

wow, i never talk about this because it's a vegan site, and i'm only raw, not vegan... and yes, i really enjoy raw cheese once in a while... just had to get that out!!!

where are you located? in portland, people's co-op carries raw cheeses... many varieties. and i think people's is acutally nationwide, in select areas. i'd also try a gourmet cheese shop... maybe call them up and ask. it seems like they would have something... ?

• Your Whole Foods didn't have it? That's nuts! Maybe it's a rare commodity in your area - or illegal in your state, as pixx pointed out.

• I've seen it at whole foods too..if it's not illegal, you could ask them to get it.

Never tried it! Maybe if I go back to dairy one day I might try it