Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Kale Chips Poll

I made the kale chips that have gotten rave reviews on this site and other sites. Am I the only person who finds them totally disgusting? I gagged and threw them out for the critters.

Comments

• I made some and didn't like them either. They were pretty crispy. I like kale and eat a lot of it in other dishes so it's doubly weird. I may try them again.

The snack that I thought was better is the caulflower "popcorn" that's rough chopped and rolled in nutritional yeast then dehydrated. Now THAT was delicious. The only sad part is that one whole head of cauliflower makes about one cup! I could have easily eaten three times that much. hehe.

• The ones I tried are Chrissy's Goddess Kale Chips. I dehydrated them until they were brittle and super crisp..One thing I didn't like was how they felt in my mouth after mixing with saliva. Ugh. Is that one of the things you did not like Mariposa? I'll try the "popcorn" next. Are you serious one head equals one cup? Gads that's expensive popcorn, huh? I still eat real popcorn and would really like a raw snack to take its place. I think the popcorn constant hand to mouth thing has something to do with my quitting smoking - the behavior of hand to mouth over and over. Never ate it much til then.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

This is the one I generally make -

http://goneraw.com/recipe/cheesy-kale-chips

Some of us have posted a few variations in the comments under the recipe.

• Is the cheesy kale chip recipe the one you're referring to? Did you dehydrate them until they were crisp as any potato chip (as the bitterness tends to remain in any slightly tender kale)?

If yes and yes, I am baffled. But no dish is loved by everyone, I suppose.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Shame you didn't like them, I really love the cheesy ones as they remind me of sad crisps. They have the same flavour as wotsits so satisfy my craving for savory sad snacks. I've made a couple of things from this site which other people have raved over and have been disappointed.

Different strokes for different folks ...:-)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I've been meaning to try that cauliflower 'popcorn' but was a bit skeptical about it. How long do you dehydrate it for?

• Ha! I thought it was just me. I love kale, but not kale chips.