Does anyone else love the support on this site?!?!! =]

liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

Lordy pants, I love the support I get on this site!

I've been suffering from an eating disorder for years, and after some stops and starts on the raw foods path these past couple months, I've found Gone Raw. It's just what I need. Everyone here is so dedicated to health, and love, and peace. I've realized I can't go it alone, and everyone here offers amazing support. I love you guys!

Is anyone else as euphoric about GoneRaw as I am? lol

Comments

• YESS!! Oh yes I come here, rawfu.com, and rawfoodtalk (ocassionally)...and I feel instantly uplifted and on practically the same boat as everyone else! I live in Texas and not many people in my city are "raw"--and even though my family is supportive, they don't quite understand. But here, everyone does!

I'm recovering from bulimia too. I used to be so ashamed of eating cooked food in front of anyone at all--but in raw food there is no shame. Just ultimate healing. I want to be 100% raw and religiously into it so I can easily fight off temptations. I'm confident in this journey.

If you want a buddy to give you support or to talk to about overcoming an eating disorder; I'd love to be there for you. :-) my e-mail is sharlalangley@yahoo.com . Hope to hear from you sometime! :-)

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

Thanks girl!

We're in the process of moving, so I'll email you as soon as we get our computer back up.

=]

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I came across this website a while back and have used it to find recipes and such but I really need to use it more than I do. I dont spend much time on the computer AT ALL so it's tough for me. I guess I would rather be outside doing something or spending time with friends BUT being how food is the biggest part of my life, I need to gather more support around me. So after today browsing around as much as I have, I have decided to make this a part of my life on a regular basis. I was 100% raw about two years ago and was in the best shape of my life...then a break up and a running injury later and here I am. I am trying to go back to 100% again but I moved out of a city that was very conducive to my lifestyle (seattle) to Sacramento,CA where even vegan restaurants are hard to come by.

I think this place could be a god send for me with this new move and this new determination for getting back on track. I have 20 lbs to lose and some injuries to rehabilitate! (For the record, I do not use the raw foods diet as a means of just weight control, it is a lifestyle and a belief! I just have added weight that my joints now have to support due to the weight gain)

Peace!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Agreed! This site and 30BAD are the only raw forums I visit. I have a GITMR account, but I hardly ever visit there...too much bickering and nonsense.

Swayze