Flax seed

Comments

• Does anyone know what I can use besides flax seed?

Flax seed contains gluten and I have celiac disease, it's making it hard because I can't even use wheat berries. :(

Please help

Thank you

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Really? Flax seeds contain gluten? I've never heard of that. I have a gluten intolerance (not celiac), but never thought that they contained gluten. Where did you hear that?

• FeeFee Raw Master

I would check your information again to be sure, as having done a quick search on the internet both the american Celiac website and British Coeliac website both seem to say that Flaxseeds are gluten free. Also this website http://www.flaxmatters.com/recipe.home.php states that flax is naturally gluten free.

Have you been told that flax contians gluten or have you been having different / new symptoms since you began eating it? If it is the latter then it maybe you have started with too much at once and not enough water with it.

I hope this helps and that you will be able to enjoy all the yummy flax dishes you want.

Fee

• I have a spot on my behind that say they are. It's not the seeds themselves it's how they are package. The machines aren't clean good after they are packaged with other stuff. I was advised by girl that was doing my diet not to do them but I did and now I am paying for it.

I have both diahrrea and break out in hives when I get gluten, I pay double that's why I'm very careful on packaged stuff, if it doesn't say gluten, corn and soy free on it then I don't use it because it's not the product but the way it's package.

• MeiMei

I substitute with chia seeds, because I am not fond of the flax seed taste. Works a charm!

Not sure about the gluten issue.

• Thank you for your email and for your interest in Bob

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

hemp and chia. They're also higher in Omega 3s than flax.

This is the chia brand I get that says its gluten free...

http://www.salba.com/

not sure about the hemp, I have a gluten sensitivity and it doesn't bother me.

• Mine is celiac disease, I get both diahrrea and break out in hives. Not much fun that's why I'm so picky.

Thanks will have to contact them to make sure they are gluten free.

Take care

God bless