What are your favorite coconut meat recipes? I have so much extra.

Coconut kefir has left me with a huge surplus of meat. First I just made coconut milk and tried the kefir cheese, but it has somewhat... limited... application. I know it's used for wraps and whatnot from time to time, but I'm having trouble finding the recipes now that I need them. If I wasn't trying to cut down on the chocolate I'd just make some raw eclair.

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Marinate/massage in olive oil and curry powder with a little agave syrup and dehydrate to make jerky!

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I love coconut pudding. blend it with a teeny bit of spring water till creamy, I add stevia or agave, 1 heaping tsp of raw cacao and a dash of cinnamon. you can eat right away or it'll get thicker in the fridge.

Or, I love fresh spring rolls with a coconut wrap. you can blend it with a bit more water and then spread it on a dehydrator tray into a large tortilla size circle. It'll dehydrate fast, maybe 4 hours. Then fill it with spiralized zucchini (like rice noodles) shredded carrots, cucumber sticks, avocado, lots of cilantro and lime juice. sometimes I make a "peanut dipping sauce" yum! just like the real thing.

Or sometimes I make coconut yogurt by blending it again like the pudding, adding a couple of acidophilus capsules. you can eat it right away or let sit at room temperature to start fermenting for a few hours. Mine never lasts that long, I mix fresh fruit into it, sometimes some chia seed too.

now I'm jealous!

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

OH, here's the recipe for the spring rolls.

http://goneraw.com/node/5276

and here's the peanut dipping sauce that I love ( i do add a couple of drops of toasted sesame oil too):

http://goneraw.com/node/2846

Sorry I missed the part about you not wanting cacao, the coconut creme is just as good with frozen berries blended in :)

• Wow, that dipping sauce sounds great. I already made wraps out of it just to keep it from going bad. Thanks for the links!

The cacao pudding also sounds wonderful, I just get some funky emotional issues when I eat it too many days in a row :}

That jerky idea sounds crazy good. Is there a recipe for the marinade/rub?