Problem with sprouting

Hello everybody,

I've taken up sprouting and I really like my mini garden! But I seem to be doing something wrong. I bought a 3storey sprouting thing (sorry I'm not english) and I have used broccoli seeds. The first time, everything went super, I was so proud! But the second time I could throw my whole harvest in the bin, because there was mould in it. I hope I use the right term for it. It is a white cottonwool like substance. It is not broccoli! The third time I sprouted them in the dark, but I had the same problem, only less because I harvested sooner (4 days). The next time I gave them more water, maybe double than the first time, but still appears the white stuff. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have an idea?

Is broccoli extremely difficult and will something else be easier? I hope you can help because I like the idea of growing my own food, even in such small quantities :)

thx!

Belinda

Comments

• No sprouting problems in the forum? Good for you :)

Next week I'm taking a sprouting class (didn't know they existed) so I hope to get some answers there....I'm so happy and curious. My first raw class! Wow!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Hi, good luck with your class. I also do some sprouting, but not with trasy like you do it. I sprout in jars, without soil. I sprout seeds and beans, like sunflower seeds and mung beans. Eventually I wish to do some sprouting in trays though, like wheat grass.