Emotions

Has anyone had emotions about things from the past?

I'm going through detox and all of these emotion about my husband that passed away 2006. I really thought I was over it but I guess I'm not.

I am so lost with these emotions but I'm not eating SAD. I would like to but never been much for junk food, my food of comfort is chicken. ;(

Please does anyone have emotional break down when you go through detox?

I went from eating everything to 100% raw. I can't do it any other way. My new husband thinks I'm crazy for doing this but my health is what counts, want to see my grandkids grow up. If you have read my blogs before you know I have health problems, I want to be healthy.

Thanks

Comments

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Your going through a emotional detox. Just as you are cleaning out your body you are also cleaning out your emotions. It happens to most people. Well, I know emotional detox happened to me when I first went raw, but it usually goes away....maybe after a few weeks...or possibly more or possibly less.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

i still feel like i'm slowly going through emotional detox. I think I have done a pretty good job of suppressing memories/the past, but i see flashes of the past with raw, and i'm sure more will come with time. sometimes it comes in bursts, sometimes you'll learn one new important thing. Maybe your thing right now it to let yourself grieve. Or like they said letting it out of your body. Letting it pass, so it is purged from your physical & emotional body.. I had a sister that died before I was born, and I never had grieved her death. I guess I felt like I didn't have the right to, since I never knew her.. One day with something called e.f.t. with a friend(emotional freedom technique) it came out, and I think I finally grieved her death. A lump that had always bothered me in the middle section of my back right behind my heart finally stopped bothering me. Emotions are housed within your body. They are not only housed in the brain but throughout your body as well. Deep breathing/meditation can be of assistance. Let yourself fully feel the emotion, accept it, and let it be balanced and released. Do you like baths? I love them and they are a lifesaver for me. If you like them, get yourself some himalayan salt. It is really amazing stuff. You will feel more at peace, and it helps to draw out however you are feeling.. and with the water it will wash down the drain taking your current emotional state with it. i think i might have to go take one right now :)

• Charliemum,

Don't forget, health is not only what you eat. I don't know if this applies to you or not, but many of us just tend to focus on what we eat. You need moderate exercise and relaxation. Fresh air, and enough sleep. From you blog, I noticed you have a lot going on in your life (caretaking for others). Also, make sure you take care of yourself.

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

I did a treatment called N.A.E.T., (Allergy Elimination Treatment) About 1/3 of my allergies were caused from past issues, even my SIL came up (If you knew her you would understand ;)) And I have had suppressed memories come up in the past 5 years, pretty heavy ones. My husband says I am already yelling in my sleep. Yea !!! Bring it on. Great suggestion about baths. I have had a lot of breakthroughs in the tub....I also like Burt's Bees detox bath crystals....in that I don't do fake smells, it is such a treat as it also envelopes you in it's healing eucalyptus. And it detoxs you, your tush will litterally zing as they come out through your pours, but it is so worth it.

keep going, you have to go somewhere, might as well go "there"....

• You should give Angela Stokes book Raw Emotions a read. Lots of great advice in there for all the stuff that comes out when we detox.

Its great to see this as an opportunity, you're body is clearing out everything its ready to let go of :)

• I was incredibly crabby and had really intense emotional mood swings the first week I was transitioning raw (in addition I strongly experience the seasonal shift in my body and have been on the hormonocoaster as well) :) I made the transition a bit more gentle (I needed to add more nuts and cheese etc. initially) and now am in week 3 and feeling much better and much more stable.

I journal every morning and it's a great tool to get everything out that is swirling around.

EFT is another wonderful tool--easy & free that you can do to help in releasing emotional energy. Check out emofree.com &/or google EFT and meridian tapping. It seems strange and too simple to work, but I have used it and it's really effective.

Hope that helps :)

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

rawfoodgoddess i've used eft as well! it worked the best when I had someone there to facilitate, but all and all it's a great way to tap into deeper hidden emotions!