Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Easy to clean juicer?

SatchySatchy Raw Newbie

Hi,

I am interested in finding a good juicer that is easy to clean up. Any recommendations would be swell.

Thanks.

Comments

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I really like my breville compact juicer because its fast. I looked at the masticating juicers like the Omega and Green Star, but I need to be able to do it quicker if I'm going to juice every morning.

But your question was about cleanup...also a huge concern of mine. I think the breville cleans up really easy. I pretty much dump the pulp then rinse the three parts--you have to brush the filter so it doesnt clog...all in all it takes 2-3 minutes maybe. It does help if you have a garbage disposal or a compost heap (or use the pulp in recipes). I think the biggest factor is cleaning it right away, the sooner you clean it the easier it is. I always clean before I drink.

Here's a video of it, it shows how to clean it about 6 minutes in...

There's also a higher priced Breville "Fountain" that has an external pulp container, I think that might be slightly easier to clean. It also can make more juice.

• I have the Omega 8005 and it's VERY easy to clean. There's no blades to tediously try and get pulp out (like with the Champion juicer, which by all means is still a good juicer). In fact, if I juice and clean it right away all I really need to do is run all the parts under water. There's a small screen that I occasionally need to brush a bit.

Anyhow, I LOVE this juicer and I'm glad I bought it. The only thing is that it doesn't juice apples very well. It kind of makes it in to apple sauce which you would then have to press. It juices every else like greens, carrots, ginger, perfectly! It's masticating so it moves kind of slow but I think that's a good thing because it doesn't oxidize the juice, doesn't weigh too much, and is relatively quite : )

• SatchySatchy Raw Newbie

Thank you schmoopee and GlitterGirl for the suggestions.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I've owned a Champion, which is pretty popular, and I thought it was easy to clean. About two minutes.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I've just bought a juicer today and it's a Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer. Only used it once so far but it was easy to clean out. Probably took about 5 mins if that.

Dead excited about getting into juicing!

• Aluminum? Seems like that would leach in to your juice...

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

The Aluminium is just on the outside. There are other models which look a bit different so it's more of a description of the overall look.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

How about a VitaMix... and you can blend green smoothies... then put the "smoothie" through a cheesecloth to remove a lot of the fiber, thus making it more like juice. It's easy to clean.

Well... it's an alternative choice to juicing.

• Anyone know about the l'equip models? I was looking at the 110.5 and 215 if anyone knows which is better for a small juicer.

• I understand that doing the dirty work is a hassle. To certain people, it seems that making a glass of healthy juice to be consumed in less than 30 seconds is not worth the afterward disassembling and cleaning process. However, manufacturers are striving on a daily basis to come up with new juicers powerful enough to squeeze out every single drop of nutritional juices, yet user-friendly enough to make us consumers feel at ease when cleaning and maintaining. That being said, below are the top easy-to-clean juicers:

1/ Cuisinart CJE1000

Sturdy build
    Comparatively quiet
    BPA-free

2/ Breville BJE200XL

Fast and powerful
    Big input chute
    Affordable     

3/ Hamilton Beach

Big input chute
    BPA-free
    Affordable

Of course, this is just my personal favourite collection. An article on Healthy Kitchen 101 can shed brighter light on this matter of yours, so if you’re interested, do yourself a favor and delve deeper. Hope this helps.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

BPA free is always a major concern, but hopefully most are these days. I would worry about getting an older one. 

• michaelnmichaeln Raw Newbie

I have tried lots of juicers and honestly I am most happy with the cheap Hamilton Beach one I got from Amazon and here is why.

Super easy to clean with wide mouth (3 inch) top. It literally takes me 15 minutes to make juice from start to clean up and my old juicers took close to an hour. That was enough to turn me off. 

I am pretty sure I paid around $50 for this one and love it more than the $200 complicated monsters I bought in the past. Now I juice everyday because it is easy.

This is the one I picked up https://amzn.to/2vK7tN9

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • anthonydanthonyd Raw Newbie
    edited May 8

Making vitamin-rich, tasty juice at home should be a fun and easy process - without the hassle of stressful cleanup. But I don't know which juicer you prefer: centrifugal? Or masticating?

If it is a centrifugal juicer, I recommend:

1. Hamilton Beach 67850
    The unique Easy Sweep cleaning tool makes your cleaning extremely easy

2. Bagotte Large Juicer
    Combined structure, clean up in minutes.

If it is a masticating juicer, I recommend:

1.Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
    Come with its own cleaning brush and a no-clog system; one-button disassembly.

2.KOIOS Slow Juice
    Easy to disassemble and assemble, easy to clean, with reverse function.

3. CalmDo Slow Juicer Machine
    Its easy-assembly design, anti-foaming features, and dishwasher-safe components allow for fast clean up after you make your juice creations.

TammiTrueClaireT
  • i used a Vitamix with a milk bag forever! I loved squeezing the juice out with my hands: very meditative and therapeutic! Sometimes I actually believe I got more juice out of everything that way! Eventually I broke down and got a Breville though, and I love it. We even used it in our cafe for awhile and, despite not being a commercial juicer, it did an amazing job! And it was easy to clean; we were cleaning it constantly there so it had to be fast. What a little workhorse! I would recommend a Breville to anyone!

ClaireT