Raw Deal in Menomonie, WI

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Raw Restaurant review by queenfluff!

This weekend I went to The Raw Deal in Menomonie, WI. It is a little raw deli and coffee house.

They have smoothies, fresh juices, wheatgrass and a little deli case with raw food goodies! Yum!

They have raw savories and raw desserts. We tried Carmel Chocolate Brownie, Coconut Cream Cheescake, Raspberry Cheesecake, Spinach Quiche, Portbella Pizza, Faux Oreos, Cinnamon Rolls, Hummus and Crackers, Tutti Fruitty Pie, Vegan Burger.. I think that was it. :) There are more things but we didn’t try them all.

They have different things in the case daily and some of the same things.

The winners for us were the Carmel Chocolate Brownie (tasted just like a cooked one!), Coconut Cream Cheesecake, Tutti Fruitty Pie (tastes like Lemon Merangue), Cinnamon Rolls, Faux Oreos and Portbella Pizza.

The prices are VERY reasonable too for raw food. They also sell regular coffee (I think it might be cold-pressed) and a few baked muffins type things. (it is a small town so I think to keep up business).

Very recommended!

The Raw Deal (715) 231-3255 544 Broadway St S Menomonie, WI 54751

They are open early at 6:30 to 9pm.

Comments

• Hi. That sounds great I’m so happy for you queenfluff! I was just wondering if you took a good look at the pizza crust they had. What did it look like it was made of? I showed my boyfriend a recipe book I just got by Gabriel Cousens and it had a pizza crust made with almond meal that he said he wanted to try. I’m actually not too excited about making it because I may go to all that trouble and then he wouldn’t like it.

But the restaurant you went to may have a good idea in that area. (Not related but)Something funny happened today- My boyfriend wanted banana bread today and I made some over at my moms because he is working on building her a delux dog kennel and she loves banana bread as well. Well the bread exploded! It has been at least 6mo since I made bread- but I followed the recipe exactly- the only thing I did was use her flour which may have been self rising already and I put a layer of walnuts in there. From the walnuts up exploded so maybe they got so hot it happened. SO much for cooking!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hi writeeternity-

Actually the pizza didn’t have a crust. It was a big portabella mushroom cap with raw pizza toppings.

One thing to try for a pizza crust is buckwheat – it makes the crust more dry and flakey if that is what you are looking for. Alissa Cohen has some really good pizza crust recipes in her book. Also, I make Pizza Crackers which is a recipe from the Complete Book of Raw Foods and honestly they make really good pizza crusts because they make it more “pizza” tasting.