nausea with BMs

hi all, has anyone else noticed this? i have been raw for 4 weeks now and for the past week i seem to get really nauseous and generally sick to my stomach right before a BM. i used to experience this with the master cleanse when i would take the senna tea but never without it. also, i was really sick about 1 1/2 weeks ago after eating rancid flax seeds (be careful!). maybe i am still sick from that? thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Yes, I’ve definitely experienced this! I’ve experienced it eating raw, while doing cleansing programs while not raw, after being sick, and most strongly of all when doing coffee enemas.

From the reading I have done, I think this is a fairly common detox symptom. As I understand it, since the colon walls are extremely absorbent, if you are expelling any kind of toxins from cleansing or in the aftermath of an illness, when they move into the bowel before elimination, some of them can be reabsorbed. It’s this reabsorption that causes the nausea. I don’t know if this is the most accepted rationale, but it made a lot of sense to me.

The only solution I’ve found is to drink a lot of water and lemon water and try to get to the bathroom very quickly as soon as I feel the slightest urge. Hope it passes soon!

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

this has been my understanding as well, jenny. Lemon water is good if it speeds up the elimination, otherwise I’ve known people to go the salt water enema route….one or two a day keeps things clear while you’re doing some of the heavier detoxing and cuts down on the reabsorption factor. hope you feel better.

• thanks for the suggestions/information. maybe i will try a salt water flush to help expedite things.