Nut cravings

I dont know if it is that fact that my body wants more protein or fat, or if i just like nuts. It has become an issue in my raw food diet though and it is causing me to gain wieght. Does anyone have any ideas about how to satisfy nut cravings? it is only almonds and cashews, but really i would appreciate any ideas! Before i know it im going to wake up and see an almond in the mirror! THank you rawfoooodies!

Comments

• anybody? :(

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

try adding more protein and other fats. Avos and coconuts are easier to digest. A little protein and fat in each meal will help control cravings. But Im with you- if i have cashews around Ill eat them all.

• I'd say you might not be getting enough calories and so your craving fats which are a very concentrated calorie source. Its also not great for the body and hard on the digestive tract so try eating more fruits instead, not only are they healthy but they're super yummy. Some high calorie fruits are bananas, mangoes, pineapple, grapes.

Personal favorite is bananas!

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

agreed- try tracking your calories with nutritiondata.com or fitday.com it helps you learn to find a balance.

• thank you, it is so nice to have support here, if i told my roomates i couldnt stop eating nuts they would laugh at the fact that nuts are my weakness rather than cake or cookies.