I really love this way of eating.

So even though I posted a few weeks ago that I am unable to continue this diet, I have been anyway without my parents knowledge because I've been preparing more foods in their presence instead of just eating fruits and nuts. The concern before was my protein levels, and I could tell for a few weeks that something was off because I was always tired while getting adequate amounts of sleep. I feel AMAZING right now! I have never been so smiley, energetic, and had so much joy for life. My anxiety has decreased quite a lot. I'm still trying to find a way of eating that works to keep me at my optimal health (no malnutrition) and raw at the same time. It might have been I wasn't eating enough food in general or that I was relying on "raw" nuts for my main source of protein. I have incorporated more seeds, and I'm hoping to buy hemp protein (the container I have from Trader Joe's is not raw--has evaporated cane juice and vanilla in it), and I'm going to ask my parents to take me to Whole Foods at least once a month. I'm still transitioning in a way, experimenting with different raw recipes while not eating too much sugar or fat, but at the same time trying not to be obsessive. I have been appreciating my body for once, enjoying exercise (pilates) more than ever, and have had more focus for my school work.

My parents can't tell what I'm eating is even raw-from the strawberry shortcake they enjoyed with me (and loved!) to the veggie burgers I just made.

Long story short-I just wanted to share that raw veganism is the greatest thing, and I have benefited in so many ways.

Comments

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

wow, that's great.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

yay! congratulations :) I too finally felt like I loved my body after going raw, i appreciate my features so much more. ummm strawberry shortcake? yum, definetly checking that out.