Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Happy Birthday AVL!

juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Heya AVL...I just remembered that you said your birthday was this weekend, I think it was in the Raw for 31 days post, so just a shout out to say Happy Birthday!! And, to see how your birthday present to yourself is coming along?!

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

AWWWW, thanks juicefastfan! That's so sweet that you remembered. Well, it's 6:30am right now, so I haven't eaten anything yet, but my intentions are good and I'm motivated. The entire month of October was a complete write-off and I'm definelty feeling it in my clothes (they are getting a little tight), so I'm extra motivated! Friday night & last night I would eat raw until dinner, when I was having my birthday celebrations, and let me tell you that eating the way others eat does not feel good the next day. It feels good going in but while it's sitting in your stomach and digesting it, I feel heaving and bloated. I have a colonic scheduled on Tuesday so that should help a little.

So now that I'm 30, how about the next 30 years of raw! Well, I'm not going put that much pressure on myself, but if I can just do 1 day for now, it would be a great goal to accomplish!

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

You're welcome! I hope you had a great day and I know what you mean...I went to a fall party yesterday and ate stuff I normally wouldn't and I've been dizzy and just not feeling myself today. It's amazing once we get our bodies cleared of junk how sensitive they are when we put the junk back in! I do juice fasts for a day or two (lol or three) depending on what I ate and how bad I feel. I turned 30 the 25th of September so here's to a new decade and a new chapter and to new found health in this next year! Cheers!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

happy birthday, girl!!! i hope you had an awesome day of relaxing and enjoying life!!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks juicefastfan & joannabanana!

I had an awesome eating day today, the first one in about 1 month. I ate 100% raw today. My dad took me to a raw vegan restaurant for dinner tonight. You should have seen his face trying to figure out what to eat, he was so lost when reading the menu! He like his meal but he wasn't too impressed with the desserts (an almond all covered in sesame seeds), so I had 2 of them (his & mine)!

avl, that's so cool you went to a raw restaurant!! what did you order? i'd go nuts if i went to one. i'd order an appetizer, meal, and dessert so i could try a bunch of stuff.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Happy B-day AVL! I really hope it was so so great!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Happy Birthday AVL :) hope it was gRAWte

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Happy Birthday AVL! You are so lucky to be able to enjoy a raw meal at raw restaurant (by the way, what was it called?). I hope you had a beautiful time!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Yup! It was gRAWte!

joannabanana, I ordered a sunshine wrap which is a "wrap" made from sprouted flax seeds and in it was a sunflower seed hummus, tomatoes, sunflower sprouts, kale & avocado. I also had a kale & walnut salas (kale, walnut, raisins, sundried tomatoes, sunflower sprouts with a creamy tahini dressing. And for dessert (I had 2 because my dad didn't like his!), I had a almond ball covered in sesame seeds and a cranberry cookie. YUM, I was very satisfied with that!

wow everything sounds so delicious, especially the wrap! sunflower seed hummus- wow. i never thought of that before.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

The restaurant I went to is in Toronto, it's called "Live" at Dupont & Spadina. They have both raw and cooked options, but everything is vegan.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Happy Birthday (for yesterday)!

It's my 30th next Monday and although I'm not lucky enough to live near a raw restaurant, I've discovered an amazing vegan place where I taking my parents. (They are still getting used to me being vegan)

The weekend after I'm going to London to see some friends and will definitely go to one of the raw places down there. Can't wait! I've never been to a proper raw restaurant before and it'll be so nice having someone else 'cook' for me.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks DeborahB! (Happy belated birthday to you too!)

I was raw before my birthday but I was gradually slipping back into my old habits. So my present to myself is to once again eat raw and feel good about myself. This week was ok, with only 2 days that I slipped (which is better than the 5 or 6/week I had all of October). My goal for next week is to only have 1 cooked meal and then eventuall y have none or one in a blue moon.

Happy early Birthday sv3! Don't worry, turning 30 isn't so bad once you get passed the psychological trauma of the number!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Happy belated 30th birthday AVL!

Was going raw your gift to yourself? Wise girl :)

I was 30 in September and my gift to myself was a 10 day Buddhist meditation course. One of the hardest things I've ever done but I'm reaping the rewards now.

x

Also happy 30th birthday to sv3!

I've been to a raw restaurant in London called Saf, the food is delicious.

Where do you live?

x

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I loved turning 30! I couldn't wait! I have so much to look forward to and am having more fun now than ever before.

Good luck with the raw. You can do it because you really want to do it x

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks guys, I had a brilliant birthday yesterday! I am loving being 30 and not freaked out at all. I am the happiest I've ever been and have lots of exciting life plans on the horizon.

DeborahB, I live in Manchester and never been to a raw resturant before so really looking forward to it.