Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

tomatoes!

hey friends! i've read some things about tomatoes not being the most optimal foods, as they're from the nightshade family. but when i'm in the farmer's market, oh how those gorgeous yellow heirloom tomatoes call my name. i am craving them like never before -- can you guys give me some info on whether/ in what quantity they are ok to eat? thanks all!

Comments

• Personally, Unless you have arthritis issues, I would not worry about it... just listen to your body... everyone is different.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

If I eat too many tomatoes, my tongue feels weird, so I wouldn't be surprised. However, my twins eat tomato everything, and they are very, very healthy. If they don't cause you any problems, I'd eat them still.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

just eat them when they're soft and ripe and there will be no problems :)

• thanks everyone!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I eat tomatoes almost everyday and I ate pounds of organic heirloom Arkansas Travelers all summer...no problems here! :)

Swayze

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

If loving tomatoes is wrong, I don't want to be right. I think it's my all-time favorite food.

• LOL - i hear that, suasoria. i can eat them by the bowl-full, sliced with a little lemon juice and sea salt. bliss!