Rejuvulac

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

What exactly is rejuvulac? I see it in recipes.. do you have to make it or can you buy it

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Kminty3, here has a site with rejuvelac’s recipe.I make my with wheat berry also,and I make cheese with it and I’m going to start to make my smoothies with it instead of pure water.Rejuvelac is an amazing natural acidophilus. http://www.sproutpeople.com/cookery/rejuvelac.html

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I’m in the process of making my first batch. What can be done with the leftover grains after the rejuvelac is made?

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

You can make 2 rejuvelac batches with the grains that you have. Do the first one and than the 2nd one,and after that you have to throw out the grains.

Thanks! Also, I used the sprouted grain method. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it seemed to me that sprouted would be healthier.

Lucy,

My batch of rejuvulac has just finished fermenting. I let it go 2 days. However, it tastes slightly sour and there is a slight ‘yuck’ factor. Did I let it go too long? How can I tell if it’s rancid? Should I ignore the ‘yuck’ and drink it anyway?

Thanks!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Newbie,rejuvelac is supoosed to taste a little grainy.If it is too sour,maybe you let it go too long as you said. Try to do a smoothie with it and if it is too yuck,the best thing is to do again. Maybe a cheese would be very good ( 1 cup almond + 1/2 cup rejuvelac,blend it and put it in a nut bag or cheese cloth to drain.) or a yogurt (1 cup sunflower,or pumpkin seeds,or any nut + 1 cup rejuvelac,blend it and let it sit for 3 hours.)Maybe the sour taste would be great with those recipes.Good luck!