Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fat

DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I'd like to know other raw foodists' experiences with digesting fat.

Can your body handle much of it? How much is too much?

Do you bloat easily when mixed with other foods? If you are sensitive to large amounts of fat, how does it affect you?

Thank you

x

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

1/2 avocado per day doesn't interfere with my digestion.

• I don't do the "gourmet thing" much, and don't fill up on fats- but I am fairly free with olive and canola oil on my salads (not drenching). I tried not using any oil, and trying just juices and such. Just didn't work for me, but I know that many on this site do forgo the oils. When I have avocado, I usually have the whole thing. I tried restricting the fat to a bare minimum, and it didn't work for me. I never felt full, however much fruit I would eat (and it was a lot). Being a bit more liberal with the fat seems to help keep me from binging too. But, you may not do as well on as much fat.

• Tranquilizer! If I eat much at all, it completely knocks me out.

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

I am also fine with 1/2 avocado a day or sometimes a whole one. I also use olive oil on almost all of my salads, and sometimes add almonds (although I eat either almonds or avocado, not both at once).

I find that I actually bloat less when I include fat in my diet and feel much more satisfied.

• oooh, fats when not combined properly really gas me up good...

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

i do really well when i eat low-fat. avocado is tasty but it really slows me down if i have more than half.

• I eat about 3/4 of a smallish avocado a day plus about 1 tbsp of flax seed oil on salad and I have no problems at all. When I make raw chocolate made with coconut oil though... WATCH OUT! If I eat more than one piece I not only feel really physically disgusting, I'm spending a lot of time on the can... :D x

• I'm the opposite of a lot of you, if I don't eat enough fat, especially with veggies, I get bloated. I eat tons of coconut oil and add it to green smoothies so I don't get a sugar crash from the fruit and I eat at least one avo a day

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i don't crave fat too much. i think i eat a balanced amount. i like to lean towards seeds (hemp, sunflower, chia and flax) for most of my fats. they digest fine for me. but each of our bodies are different.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

I think I eat around 70-100 grams of pure fat a day (not vegan, raw butter etc.). No problems with digestion . Lots of calories and some times it taste like whipped-cream 8). I eat it for 1 month or so and still losing fat on my body I now have around 16% body fat. Some times the human body is a mystery 8).

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

I get constipated if I eat more fat then necessary. Even if I eat a lot of fiber that day, I still am stopped up for a few days, until I cut it out.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I make nut milk out of nuts which is pretty much the only form of fat I can digest. Not much of an avocado eater but a tad bit of olive oil in salads sometimes. I never eat whole nuts though.